Intro time -- interrupted (bottom of p 1)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

eve3eby2.jpg

Susie and Gwen are by themselves since Teagan and Katie died, and it's high time their intro got restarted anyway.

Last night SQ was here to help me, and it went very smoothly! So tonight I'm repeating the procedure, in my bathtub. I roasted and mashed some sweet potatoes.

All was well for about fifteen minutes, after they'd finished eating. Then Zeta, my fattest and scaredest rat, puffed up and sidled aggressively up to Gwen and then Susie. Susie flipped Zeta, no mean feat, then suddenly (miraculously) Zeta got back up and was boxing with Susie. Then squeaking and a flurry of bodies and squeaks.

I broke up the fight and it's been quiet since. Now the older gang is hunkered together in one corner, while Gwen eats and Susie sits at the opposite end making +++ raisins.

Now some movement again. Susie is puffy, the others not. Stay tuned!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

interesting play by play :lol:

sounds like the intro's with my boys.

lots of raisin making and fur puffing :giggle:

I hope it continues to go well!

Yes, tasty food is a definite advantage with this crowd. They looked quite stressed during the middle of the intro, but seemed fine by the end. They must wonder why I put them through such an ordeal.

Joanne said:
Awesome! Chuck them all in the cage and be done with it. :D

:( if only!
Later, by which time they must have been together a couple of hours, when they were upstairs in a neutral cage, Susie and Leto got into it. Susie seems to be the alpha, and Leto is my skinny little ratty with PT. Leto has a bit of hair missing from the episode, and she looked very stressed out. I will have to leave her out of the intros from now on and put them together after Leto has gone to the Bridge. I can see why PT might be hastened by intros, although she had been doing fine.

I gave everyone peas tonight, hoping that peas will serve as comfort food. Pretty safe bet! In the morning they will have oatmeal porridge, their fave. :D

I wonder if PT rats smell different, either from the illness or the hormone medication. Poor little Leto. Things had been going so well. For a long while, Susie and about four of the other group (including Leto) were huddled together inside the Xtreme Revolution wheel, with no problems at all.

Back