Intro suggestions?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Although I have done a number of intros, it has usually just been introing 1, 2, or 3 rats together or into a larger group.

I now have a group of 7 ratties I would like to intro a group of 9 ratties too. The nine rats have moved into my apartment during Dec and Jan. I would like to have them living together in my monster martins. They have had weeks to smell one another from a distance and share the same play area, although not at the same time.

Any suggestions?

I was wondering how one would go about this myself last night. I'm looking forward to seeing what the people with big groups have to say.

I've done a big intro like that before, in fact, I've done a few. I always do the whole gang together and watch for trouble spots.
Make sure it's on neutral ground. Make sure there are no toys at all and nothing that will allow one of them to hide. Make sure you have a big plate of baby cereal or yogurt or something soft and yummy. Have a towel ready to throw on the fighting bubs.
I've always been successful with my intros, some have taken longer than others, some had to wait a month or two when I saw it wasn't the right time but in the end, I got it to work. :wink:

Back