Intro pics of nine girls

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Well, after day after day of being together on the couch for hours, & cleaning the cage, I put Grace, Joy, Hope, Faith and the five girls (available for adoption) in together.
Keeping my fingers crossed ... Grace isn't very happy about this ...

Jan29intro01.jpg

bottom cage:
Jan29intro02.jpg

upper cage:
Jan29intro03.jpg

as you can see, the two cages (40 in by 17 in, total height 34.5 in) are connected:
Jan29intro05.jpg

and another shot of the two cages. Hard to believe there are 9 rattie girls in there ... will have to add another cage as soon as I can.
Jan29intro04.jpg

One cage calulator says this will hold five rats, another says six rats. Since there are 3 adults and 6 young girls, it should be ok for a few days ... with lots of out time, of course.

That setup looks pretty cool. Is that cardboard or coroplast?
Which one is Grace? Is she an alpha, and that's why she's not happy?

Grace thinks she is the Alpha.
She is an older PEW girl.

I got Grace earlier this month.
Here is her story:
http://jorats.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2299

Grace has had a very hard life and isn't too sure about being with other ratties ... she has been living with Joy, Hope and Faith since early Jan. And doing ok with the 5 young girls on the couch so trying to intro.
I have too many groups and need things to be a bit more manageable.

I was given the top cage as it didn't have a bottom and the person thought I might be able to use it. I made a sort of bottom for it out of coroplast. So far, so good 8)

Well, guess I moved a bit too fast.
Grace wasn't ready.
No blood but way too much aggression and noise for 4 am so separated the two groups before the neighbors complain.

We will do several more days on the couch and then try again.

Very active wheel runners ...

One of the horizontal bars on the lower super pet cage snaped in half where the silent spinner was attached :(
I discovered it while cleaning the cage ... good thing too or someone might have been hurt :(

Back