Intro-ing 2 one year old girls to a 4 monther.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarah

So the woman who adopted Ruby and Betty (rip) off me just emailed me asking if I have any girls for adoption that could be Ruby's new cagemates since Betty died.

I have two one year old girls.

I've noticed girls have always been easier to intro than boys (imo) but she wanted me to ask some people for their opinions.

Ruby is one of the babies out of the small litter, and she is about 160 grams now.

She wants to know if the two older girls will "gang up" on Ruby, and i told her that I've had these two girls out with my girls and the only issue has been that Mia and Baby don't like new guys. They have always taunted and pushed around any "new guys" i have tried to intro.

I was thinking that maybe if i intro'd the girls to Ruby's sisters, they would get used to having other (smaller as well) rats around.

Think this would be okay?

You can definitely try it... I don't see a problem... in fact it will be the 4 monther that will annoy the crap out of the older girls while bringing some life back into them. :thumbup:

Back