Inhalers

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilspaz68 said:
It may never go away...I have some noisy rats that are healthy except the sounds.

Thats good to know! thats the best thing I have heard all day actually ..

So they are just noisy? Do you do anything to help the noise?

Ratty Momma said:
lilspaz68 said:
It may never go away...I have some noisy rats that are healthy except the sounds.

Thats good to know! thats the best thing I have heard all day actually ..

So they are just noisy? Do you do anything to help the noise?

I find scarred lungs often make a noise...if I noticed any change or the rat starts to act sick, then I start them on abs.

Okay.

My plan is to finish this round for Zithro & baytril which finishes on the 18th then he won't be on any meds ..but I will have baytril on hand incase he needs it.

Should I stop the inhaler? even though it helps?

Ratty Momma said:
Okay.

My plan is to finish this round for Zithro & baytril which finishes on the 18th then he won't be on any meds ..but I will have baytril on hand incase he needs it.

Should I stop the inhaler? even though it helps?

if it helps keep using it.

Will do.

Could this be a tumor or abbcess as well?
Should I do xrays just to rule it out?

This inhaler has changed Toby so much!

He is so much more lively (although he was lively before), he acts like a younger rat ..he even looks younger and cleaner :dance:

Thanks for this thread, as I am considering asthma as a possible diagnosis for my Penelope! I do have Ventolin for myself - should I just try it on her and see or talk to the first, you think?

And regarding congestion sounds - my Mac had those ever since I adopted him. It was getting worse and worse, he even had them while sleeping. Then my vet suggested giving him Booster just to see - and it all disappeared. I give him a very small 0.05 cc of Booster every evening and he breathes like a charm. If you want to try to sooth him without meds, maybe you could try that too (sorry for wandering off topic...)

Booster?

Thanks SQ :)

Two pic's from this morining:

IMG_2795.jpg

Snifffff ..I can smell again :)
IMG_2814.jpg

Regarding the Booster, here's the web page http://www.harrisonsbirdfoods.com/Booster/products/50/ (I linked you directly to the HealX Booster page). My vet told me that it was described as a miracle product, and I have to agree so far - this is not just a marketing thing. It boosts the immune system and Mac has been breathing soundlessly ever since his first dose. My vet wanted to try it on my old Picolo because his coat was rough and thin and he looked sleepy all the time - the next day, he was fully awake and after 2 days the difference on the texture of his coat was noticeable. The hair doesn't thicken but he is 30 month-old after all...

I swear by that now. And my vet knows it!

Back