Infamous saying "What's one more?" Kamea's video 8

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Some of you may know the saga of the lone female rat at the TAS. She was surrendered from a very bad neglectful situation from a woman with issues. All but one of her cages was pts when they reached the shelter due to illness or tumours. There was one tiny fawn hooded girl left with her. Last week the little fawn was supposedly "self-inflicting" and they put her to sleep because her injuries were too severe. :( So this tiny girl was left alone. I hate single rats in shelters where they know nothing about rats. :cry:

Melissa offered to pick her up and bring her to my home today, but we had a tiny glitch (a good one as you will see later in her post :mrgreen:) where she ended up bringing the girl to my work. No one even knew a tiny inoffensive little ratgirl was under my desk. :giggle:

So meet the unnamed one...so far :wink2:

Beigegirl1aug21.jpg

Her reaction to being patted is to slowly push her way under something and thru the other side
Beigegirl8hidingaug21.jpg

Beigegirl3hidingaug21.jpg

Then she explored and relaxed
Beigegirl4prettyaug21.jpg

and even had a little brushup
Beigegirl2aug21.jpg

Then she was put into her cage
What's this???
Beigegirl7whatsthisincageaug21.jpg

What's up here??
Beigegirl5incage1aug21.jpg

And this soft thing is mine? You can see her thinness, but the flash washes out her coat. :( Melissa says she looks a ton better than last week with the Revolution treatment. :thumbup: We both thank you, Melisssa, for insisting on it for her. They didn't notice the seething lice apparently. :roll:
Beigegirl6inhammieaug21.jpg

Right now she is sitting on her shelf watching my every move but not in a fearful way, rather contemplative instead. :D

I really can't believe how good she looks now. I am so happy I went there to check on her. Who know what would have happened. I'm sure if I didn't insist, the vet wouldn't have looked at her as well on Monday.

I think she is going to be a wonderful little girl as soon as she warms up. She is so cute. :)

I'm glad I could help find her forever home. Thank you Shelagh for taking her in. :)

Well that was quick, I told my awesome ratfriend she could name her since she looooves beige hoodies. She asked what I thought of Kamea (kah MEH ah) for the new girl. Its feminine and sweet and I am sure that my little nameless one will love it. :heart:

LA said:
She looks exactly like my Lily...
No! She looks like my Savanna :) Either way she looks like a survivor! A strong & beautiful girl who's made it thru every threat life could throw at her.

Hello Beautiful! Welcome Home!

I had her on the couch last night and she likes me but isn't sure whats going on. She lay on my shoulder while I was lying on teh couch reading. Not fond of the hands which is understandable. She is out exploring the couch right now, she really reminds me of Gwinny with her attitude. :heart: I got a gentle look/feel of her this morning and I think our wee one had lice and mites...the scabs are almost all gone, but since the buggies were visible to Melissa that sounds like lice but the bite scars are typical mites. No wonder her cagemate was biting at herself. :(

I am going to sit on the couch with her now, since she runs to me when I come by. :D

Oooh this is a big world out here!!
Kameaonthecouchamaug22.jpg

I think I like it!!
Kameaonthecouchamaug22close.jpg

lilspaz68 said:
I had her on the couch last night and she likes me but isn't sure whats going on. She lay on my shoulder while I was lying on teh couch reading. Not fond of the hands which is understandable. She is out exploring the couch right now, she really reminds me of Gwinny with her attitude. :heart: I got a gentle look/feel of her this morning and I think our wee one had lice and mites...the scabs are almost all gone, but since the buggies were visible to Melissa that sounds like lice but the bite scars are typical lice. No wonder her cagemate was biting at herself. :(

I am going to sit on the couch with her now, since she runs to me when I come by. :D
Aww, what a good girl.

She had big black bugs in her when I saw her for the last time... so whatever that was...

I just can't imagine shelters not doing their research on their animals. That's too bad they decided to just pts the one cagemates, simply because of what? over barbering? At least this sweetie was spared and now living the life.

You can see her mental growth in this video. At first when she whirled I just kept waiting for the chomp, and just braced myself everytime, but I think its just her mannerism.

Back