Incredibly fast healing!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Last night I put a chew in for the boys and one of them, Chance, went absolutely nuts. He was not impressed that his brother wanted it as well and a fight broke out. He gave him quite a nasty bite on the inside of his back leg. Poor Lucky was really spooked and he was bleeding seemingly pretty badly so I took him out for a cuddle and to give it a clean. He stopped bleeding before too long so I figured I'd just let him be. I put him back in the cage and thankfully there were no more squabbles.

I went to check on him this morning and there wasn't a hint that anything had happened! No cuts, no bald bits, no dried blood or swelling. No tenderness. He was absolutely fine. I knew they were fast healers but this takes the cake! Is such quick recovery normal or did he just get... well, lucky?

Needless to say, I will be breaking all chews in half from now on...

They are incredibly fast healers, some gashes/bites faster than others. I would think that Lucky's must have been a shallow wound and not deep. Sometimes the small ones seem to bleed much worse than the deep scary wounds.

They don't often fight, but when they do... :panic:

Must have been shallow, like you said. I'm amazed after all that fuss last night. :giggle:

So glad it healed with no issues. They're super fast to heal sometimes. Barnaby sustained what appeared to be a pretty severe gash to his goolie area one night, after the bleeding stopped it still looked bad and I was sure we'd be off to the vet in the a.m. for stitches. The next morning is was completely closed up!

I am so glad they're fast healers given the amount of times they seem to injure themselves!

Back