In case any of you still eat at McDonalds: NEW INFO p.2

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

Someone posted this on Facebook
https://www.face book.com/photo.php?
fbid=151797225016309&set=a.125670894295609.1073741829.100005580963920&type=1

**** BUT SEE NEXT PAGE for some corrective information from KMG365 ***

Still glad that I don't eat fast food burgers any more!

Actually if you care about your health, the animals, and/or the environment, you need to look into becoming vegan.
Being vegetarian is a start but doesn't make enough of a difference to any of the above

SQ said:
Actually if you care about your health, the animals, and/or the environment, you need to look into becoming vegan.
Being vegetarian is a start but doesn't make enough of a difference to any of the above

Wow...

Yes, my goal is to be vegan when I move out, i'm kinda using vegetarianism as a stepping stone to veganism. And it will be much easier now with the meatless shop which just opened a few months ago.

Gross video about the McNuggets! And to think that kids who are picky eaters will usually eat those.

Glad I've been avoiding processed food for a few years now. I like to have some control about what's on my plate.

That is so gross... :sick2: how horrible that these people think it's perfectly okay for them to make burgers like that. BURGERS THAT ARE BEING FED TO CHILDREN. Yes, parents do have a responsibility. They should be doing research (in which they would find out McDonalds is extremely unhealthy); although, many parents sadly don't care. The point about parents picking healthier options for their children aside; The people who make food shouldn't be able to do this. It's just pitiful that many people do not even have the heart to care about "oh, this isn't fit for human consumption", instead they don't give a crap :/

amanda1472 said:
Yes, my goal is to be vegan when I move out, i'm kinda using vegetarianism as a stepping stone to veganism. And it will be much easier now with the meatless shop which just opened a few months ago.

I was vegan from the start (my parents were vegan so I was raised that way), but I know of many, many people who are vegetarian first, then they move on to being vegan. Becoming vegan is a hard thing when you've grown up on animal products. I think stepping stones are a very good idea. Thankfully, I had it easy :)

Gosh that is sgross. I avoid mccdonalds only like once a year maybe. But I do work at A&W and i dunno about in the states but al our beef has no additives or perservatives and the chicken is all real. none of that ycuky stuff mcdonalds tries to pass off as chicken. still not the healthiest option fat/calorie wise but so much better an mroe real then mcdonalds. yuck.

Wow, just nasty! Yes, I am soooo glad my husband and I are vegan. No need to worry about Chicken McNuggets! :joy:

Honestly, I don't believe in McDonalds, but I do believe in meat. I'm completely fine with the people who choose vegetarianism or veganism as their lifestyle, but to me it's a food chain thing. Wild animals hunt each other to live, and so I feel as if it's right for people to consume animals as well. I've heard the argument that people shouldn't eat meat because we can subside on vegetables and other things, but so can many animals, and just because we can live without meat, doesn't necessarily mean we should. Just my viewpoint, but I do support vegetarians and vegans, I would assume it takes dedication, so kudos to you guys.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to add that: While I do believe it's okay to eat meat, I don't believe in killing an animal in an inhumane way to get the meat, like McDonalds does. I find it disgusting and despicable to torture an animal like that.

:yeah: I have to agree there. Animals eat other animals, they always have and they always will. Humans are no different. There are right ways and wrong ways to go about it though. Causing them to suffer is just unnecessary and really horrible.

Respect to those who are vegetarian/vegan, though. It's a big commitment.

There is so much that can be said about veganism, vegetarianism and omni. We all have our opinions and beliefs and there will always be a reply to any statement.

Also... there is so little work in being vegan. It's the easiest thing I've ever had to do. Saying no to mass enslavement, torture and slaughter was not hard at all. :thumbup:

About McD... GROSS!!!! is all I can say.

Yes, we found veganism to be very easy as well. I was so "meat" centered, I felt like once we went vegan, a HUGE world of food opened up and there is so much out there to try and to enjoy! When someone asks "is it hard? Do you feel deprived?" etc, I sometimes compare it to Thanksgiving and tell the person to imagine all the different non-carnivorous yummy stuff at Thanksgiving besides the turkey. :cheeky:

Much congratulations to those who are vegetarian or vegan.

Myself, I am not either of those.. but I'm glad I don't eat Mcdonalds! Gross.

Vladina said:
Yes, we found veganism to be very easy as well. I was so "meat" centered, I felt like once we went vegan, a HUGE world of food opened up and there is so much out there to try and to enjoy! When someone asks "is it hard? Do you feel deprived?" etc, I sometimes compare it to Thanksgiving and tell the person to imagine all the different non-carnivorous yummy stuff at Thanksgiving besides the turkey. :cheeky:

Vladina, Jo, I'm so glad you feel that way! Living in Texas, people act like they're going to die if they cannot have their meat :p

Ha ha! I believe it! My dad's side of the family is from Texas, and yep, they act like it is real macho and mandatory to eat their dead animals. :emb:

Yep :p thankfully I don't have to deal with many weird family members who think I'm nuts, since I agree w/ my immediate family.. but some friends and acquaintances... :emb:

Exactly! And I'm extremely blessed to say that the majority of the people I know, even though they may not eat like me, think it's great!

Back