I'm not having a good Month, Lost 1 girl and her Sister is Sick

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrazyKritterz

Well as posted in the Title it has not been a good month, I started Great about a Month ago I got 2 Blue Girls, 1 Hooded and 1 Berk, Sisters from a Breeder (Not the Best but a Breeder-Its the only place to get colored rats around here) He gave me them at 8ish Weeks, and they recently turned 12wks. I started about 1 1/2 weeks ago I noticed Saphyra the Hooded wasn't gaining weight or getting bigger and Skye wasn't growing but wasn't Loosing weight, so I took them to my vet, They checked out ok and no URI and were treated for Parasites thinking maybe that was the issue, No Mites, To Lice no nothing as far as External Parasites. They have been eating and drinking but No weight changes. They have been alone in Quarantine this whole time as I was afraid there was something going on. This morning I checked on them and Saphyra was Laying Flat out on her side and was almost unresponsive, I rushed to get a vehicle to take her to Vet but she had a Seizure and didn't make it, and now Skye her Sister, has lost alot of weight since Yesterday although neither were big anyway and they hadn't really grown, her color isn't well and she is having a hard time walking around. I was able to get her to a vet and they gave her Fluids and did blood-work, other then her Glucose was low and she was dehydrated no infections were diagnosed or anything. I have her on a Critical Care Diet to help boost everything for now, given to me by the vet, but the vet said that if her and Saphyra has something wrong, like Prone to seizures she may not make it, they also said it could have been something they were born with etc.... Fingers crossed for my Girl.

So now I will be keeping the Most likely the Girls I have been fostering. Bella, Twilight and Ari (Arizona) (although I may rename her Saphyra the 2nd after my Hooded because they seem alot alike)

Back