I'm looking for help on Zymbals Gland Tumors

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some good news today about a new vet. My friend who's a vet tech right down the street from told me that their two exotic vets are very good, very experienced, and very willing to work with me. Also, they use isoflurane when pts a rat/small animal. So I'm going to call and set an appointment to get Tooey into them right away. I think they will be a good fit, they have cat/dog/reptile, and bird vets there too. (which as you probably noticed below is a good thing for me *lol*)

As far as Tooey goes, he's doing great! His cheek did not fill up, and it drains a very small amount now. He's not having adverse reactions to the Baytril and because he goes to work with me everyday, he's absolutely spoiled by everyone there. He's actually becoming quite the little "rat goodwill ambassador" showing everyone how cute the little guys are and what great friends they make. I have taken the diet suggestions I have received here and Tooey is happily munching on a low fat, low sugar, high veggie diet, and the rat block is on the way.

Thank You again so very much for everyone's help here. I will definitely keep evryone updated on Tooey.

Sincerely,
Kim & Tooey in Ohio

:bunnydance: Oh that's the greatest news Kim! Both for the new vet and Tooey's progress. I'm soooooooo glad he's going to be ok!! :happydance:

I never knew what a ZG tumor was but boy am I shocked now.. Sir Remmington developped a lump in that exact spot and in less than a week and a half it had vanished. :S I'll certainly be doing some reading..

Back to the matter at hand though - I'm happy Tooey's is just an abscess and you're exploring a new vet. What a lucky little guy.

Oh goodness! I'm glad Sir Remmington is ok. Sounds like he had an abscess too. Was the lump he had in the recent past? If so, you may want to keep an eye on it for reinfection. Thank you for your kind words about Tooey.

This forum really has so much good information doesn't it? I am slowly working my way through all the threads to learn as much as I can. There are so many nice people that "hang out " here too.

Very nice talking with you :D
Kim & Tooey

Back