Im interested in Green Mush..anyone have info or experience?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattus

I've been lately very interested in this green mush I've seen advertized. Its ment as a whole food is it? but in small amounts a supplement I think I read. I just wanted to know if anyone knows much else about it or if anyone has used it with their rats and how they like it and if they have seen an improvement? Ive heard its suppost to help with hind leg problems aswell..

I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be a staple but more of a supplement. It sounds pretty good. But I've never heard documents of rats living longer or being healthier because of it. It wouldn't hurt to try as a supplement.
A long long time ago, I did try something similar with my rats, they didn't like it, but I would mask it in "junk" food which defeats the purpose in my opinion. I didn't find any difference in my guys but I only tried it for a couple of months.

I got a sample size of it and my rats went nuts for it! i mixed it with water (its' a powder) and it smells kinda like sea weed, may even have sea weed in it

anything I mixed it with, baby food veggies, fruit etc, they just loved the stuff!!

it's supposed to provide a bunch of micro nutrients from natural sources, that's what the "whole food" thing is about- there's no chemicals, but apparently no one has studied if there's any benefit to this stuff

I don't think it can hurt a rat, probably helps some but I don't know that its' gonna to help them live longer or whatever

I'll try to get another sample size soon because they are getting older and I think it might help them stay healthy longer....

it wish they'd do some studies on the stuff. it seems like it'd be beneficial but it's so expensive, i'd like proof!

I gave my rats apple sauce with Greens + once and they went nuts for it as well... I was kind of surprised because I can stand the stuff because of the Spirulina (the stuff that smells like algea.) I think Green mush is similar, so I would think they would like it as well. Does anyone know if there's a retailer in Canada?

wouldn't the whole supplement thing go with "if your feeding good enough blocks anyways, why supplement?" argument ive read quite a lot of (not just on here)?
i have no idea what this thing is so if anyone could link it, that would be good lol

the expense is probably because it IS packed with nutrients. Its the same with all foods, the higher in nutrients it is the more expensive it is. You just need to draw a line of when your wasting your money and could get what you need elsewhere

No, this would fall in the same category as giving veggies daily. It would make a great supplement because of the extra power nutrients it holds. Blocks have the nutrients rats need but certainly don't have antioxidants and flavanoids which are found in "super" foods.

Back