Im going in for surgery!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWR

Well my Doctors decided he would like to remove part of my intestine...I have had Crohns Diesease since I was 12 and I lost my other to it and she was only 35. So wish me luck. This is my first surgery and he tells me it will go well. :sad3:

Oh man... you must be in some pain with Crohn's. My son's best friend has it too. Hopefully the surgery will take some of that pain away.
Good luck to you and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Well it was suppose to be monday I go in but he called me an said he had a cancellation that needed to be filled for this afternoon :sad3: So I think I better get it over with. The problem with my Crohns is it is a severe case..the Doc said it reminded him of my mother when she was first diagnose. She had 9 surgerys from 19 when she was diagnosed to the last surgery she ever had at 35 when she succomed (mind the spelling) to Spesis. By the time she went she had no intestines left and only part of her bowel...I knew she was going..infact I think we all did. So thats the only thing making me nervous..is this the start of a repeat? or something better? Gosh I cannot even count the meds I am on right now...but I am praying everything goes well..I am going in for day surgery this afternoon? they should of called it afternoon surgery. My appointment is at noon. Well according to the Doc I should be home by 7 pm tonight if all goes well. So if I feel alright...I shall pop in just to tell everyone they are stuck with me for atleasy another year... :wink2:

Man, that must be rough... especially with your mom like that. My husband lost his dad and 2 aunts to sepsis as well, a whole other cause though.
Good luck!!!!

We all love you and have your best interest at heart and will be praying for your recovery and the guidance of your surgeon's hands. Rest well so that it won't be so hard on you. We will be VERY understanding if you aren't super-healer and repair by 8 tonight to get on and pop us a line :giggle: **sending good healing positive thoughts** :hugs:

That scares me a bit since I have Crohn's too (have had it since I was 8 so 9 years). Good luck! I hope mine never gets to that point! I'm sure everything will go great.

Well I made it out alive. It wasnt a massive operation..the Doctor told me to fast last night and to only drink water because he had a feeling his one patient wasn't going to cancel her operation. So it worked out and she did so thats how I got in early. they removed the part of the intestine causing the issue. Hopefully it doesnt go any further than that..well im tired and sore so im heading get some rest.. :D

Back