im getting an air purifier/filter thursday. recommendations?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriin

so, thursday im getting and air purifier/filter. and i dont really want to spend like 800$. so, can i get a quality one for like 100-300$ or are these one of the things you need to spend allot on to actually get one that works? i have no idea about these things, but i've heard they work wonders. i mainly need it for allergens.
does any one have any suggestions, recommendations? what brand do you have? what brands suck?
any advise would be awesome. :thumbup:

Get one with a permanent hepta filter and replacemable carbon filter(s).
Do not get an ionizer.
It should say on the box how large a room it is for, so get one that will handle the space you will be using it in.

I have a honeywell that I bought at Canadian Tire ... works fine

I have this one and it does a great job:
http://www.tigerchef.com/holmes-hap726u ... 4AodHTQA2w

the HEPA filters last about a year, and are $20 each (there's 3 of them) so it can be expensive to keep buying new filters.
I don't know if other more expensive air purifiers have less expensive filters or don't need to be replaced as often

the nice thing about this one is it tells you when you need a new filter. I continued to use mine for a month or so past the time it showed up I needed a new one and it did still filter bad odors very well.
but now that there's pollen i really needed to get the filters replaced

I'm very happy with this one
You can extend the life of the filter by vacuuming off the surface of them once or twice a month

Back