I'm Coming South! Who wants me to stop by and say hi?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink

I'm taking an 8 week roadtrip around Canada and the US and would like to visit awesome people! I would greatly appreciate being able to crash on couches, but have a tent if you have a yard or know of a campground somewhere near. If you would like me to stop by and say hi (and I would like to see as many people as possible) either post here or send me an IM. I won't be able to fit everyone in, but would like to make an effort.

My current plan for driving is:
Fairbanks, AK
Vernon, BC, Canada
Seattle, WA
St Louis, MO
Memphis, TN
Augusta, GA
Key West, FL
Alton, IL
Toronto, ON, Canada (for the Rat Shack Fest)
New Jersey
New York, NY
Alton, IL
Licking, MS
Kansas City, MS
Canada
Fairbanks, AK
I will be leaving July 9th and returning in mid September.

I'll be making regular updates to this thread, hopefully with pictures of people I meet!

Pink

Depending on what day/days you are in St. Louis I can probably meet up with you. Let me know when you think you might be in the area. :wink2:

Can't wait to meet you!

When can we put in our requests for things we need from the US lol!

Eagle - I have a lot of family about an hour out of St. Louis (Alton area) so I will be spending a lot of time there. I think I will be there a couple days before rat fest, and for a week or two in August. I'm sure we could work things out sometime.

Lina - I may have some issues with the water. Never been good at driving on water myself, and I can't fly anymore. Sorry :).

Godmother - I'm sure your work won't miss you ;). I have a feeling sometime after about 10,000 miles I'm going to start getting a bit lonely. The Seattle to Georgia section is with a friend, but he is driving his own car.

Zooy - Want to request a sewing machine? I have one of those! I'll be coming through your part of Canada at least once, probably twice, so I would love to pick up a couple things if you told me beforehand. I'll have a phone with me, and internet intermediately, so just ask :)

Everyone else (and the above people) - I'm super super excited about the whole trip, and rat fest! I have so many places to be, and so many people to meet! I'm sure I'll have some pretty amazing adventures. I've done a lot of hitchhiking on the east coast, and road the greyhound and amtrack all over, but I've never had my own car. I'm sure it will change things a lot.

Pink

Back