I'm Back and.....

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilez_n_hugs

....feeling a little lost with only 5 ratties. After having a decent number (15+) for the past 2 years 5 seems lonely. Now before you all jump in and offer me more babies :giggle: (which I would love to be able to take) I will stop you by saying there is a good chance I will be moving north, like waaaaaaay north this September. I ended up doing my Bachelor of Education (teacher's college) to become a high school physics and math teacher but as some people may know there are a ton of teachers in Ontario and not so many jobs. So I have made the decision to take a year and move north to get some experience so no new rats for me until I come back.

These past few months have been hard because all of my babies were around the same age. This month alone I have lost 6. So I am in the process of downsizing all my stuff and I can't believe how much stuff has accumulated. It's actually a bit ridiculous :giggle:

I will do a rat thread and probably a memorial thread later but for now I just wanted to say hi everyone and Happy Valentine's Day!

308469_10150370797409683_516749682_8040935_971945011_n.jpg

RIP Lily and Mackenzie

Welcome back Amanda!!

I am so sorry you lost Lily and Mackenzie...they Were Glinda's babies right? ((hugs))

Yes, tell us all about your possible new adventures...we missed you. :heart:

jorats said:
Welcome back! So you liked North Bay that much that you are heading further north? lol

How north? Are we talking Moosonee north?

Haha I actually hate the cold but right now north is where the jobs and the money is. I plan to go at least as far as Moosonee or possibly northern Alberta or even the territories. I need to do a lot of research and talk to some other teachers who have gone north to get some advice.

lilspaz68 said:
I am so sorry you lost Lily and Mackenzie...they Were Glinda's babies right? ((hugs))

Yeah they were, the chilly rats. I actually had 4 of them Lily, Mackenzie, Cane and Caleb and they all died due to heart murmurs :(

Firstly, wow. That is such an adorable picture. Will anyone second my nominating it for RPOM?! :)

Welcome back. I'm sorry about your babies. :(

smilez_n_hugs said:
crumbilina said:
Awwww! Lily and Mackenzie look so much like their mom and sister!
I'm sorry you lost them.

How are they doing?

Both are gone. Glinda was respiratory and not sure what happened with Columbia. It could have been a heart issue, but it also could have been respiratory. Those girls had such horrible lungs. They were all such pretty girls.

Back