I'm a sucker...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CardboardCastles

PEW's

they were on craigslist...

Called, the lady said they bought a med. rat as a feeder, snake wouldn't take him, so he's been a lone pet for almost a year. Waited til the snake was older/bigger, they bought a med. rat to mix up the pinky diet, snake wouldn't take it still, so they put Rat B in with Rat A not thinking to check what was going on in the trunk...Surprise, babies!

Since babies, they've decided no longer to feed live, which is a good first step, I guess, and are even keeping a few males as pets. Mommy's already been adopted, as have 3 other baby girls, and there's two 6 week old girls left. One is a plain PEW, one she said started with a beige marking thats slowly fading, and all I can think is OMG OMG OMG Himi? They fade, don't they? I don't know what it is about Himi's but they make me melt, the same as blazed babies and dumbos do....and I was just saying earlier today that I wanted a PEW to add to my horde (7 girls, oh god what am I thinking?)

I'm going to "look" on Tuesday....but I have a feeling I'm coming home with 2 new girls...
Name suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Yes you are officially a sucker, congratulations :mrgreen: !

Hmmm... as for names. Well my favourite names at the moment are Isobel and Sophia. They're not cute names though.

Greek goddess names
foreign names
'fairy' names

Or... give me a category, and I can give you a list of names. (example elegant names)

I think one is going to be called Jubilee (Jujubee, I think of their nicknames before their formal names, lol, Lucy is Lu or Miss Lulabell, Wilomena is Wil or Mena-beana, Poe is Popobean, and Mishka is Mish or Mishka-pishka, Sangria is not renamed yet, she hasn't done much personality wise other than hump the rest of them her first day or two...)

That's a good idea thinking up their nicknames before the real ones. Mind you my guys have some pretty crazy nicknames. For example my rat Ianto (pronounced yarn-toe) is usually called "yan-toe-toe-bean" and another rat of mine, Biscuit, is often called "bizzy-wa-zizzy-wizzy". Pretty bad, hey :roll: !

maybe I'm not such a sucker....I've been second guessing my decision to go pick up these baby girls, and I just don't think I can do it.

my 5 girls need more attention from me, and I need to iron out my work schedule and the boyfriend coming here....adding two more is just adding to their chaos, and for now I can't do that to them, so I have to call and regretfully inform them I won't be taking them (which will make the 14 year old daughter very happy, as she really wants to keep the girls, and already devised a plan to save up for spays when they were old enough, I may even offer her my SP cage, if the cage bottom my cousin has matches the one Mish destroyed)

So, yes, the girls, who were going to be Jubilee and Hush, are not coming to my horde. When the timing is right, I'm sure I'll find a baby or two who really need me.

Yeah, ultimately, my current girls need to come first. I need to do my absolute best by them, once i have more time off work, maybe I can take in some more babies, but right now, even though they all get one on one time and out time, I feel like I would be cutting into their time by adding 2 new faces.

Although, one benefit, Sangria has finally been renamed!

Poe's twin, formerly Sangria, is now Pia. Short, cute, and almost patches, the same way they almost match for looks.

Back