If my mom says yes, and Raquel and Rochelle are still there

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattielle

I shall definitley take them home. :D A user off of bruxnboggle.com referred me to a rat rescue website and I have found the rats of my dreams! <3 They are currently 5 months old, and being fostered in Maine. The user already said that they would drive to meet me as long as I paid for gas, so that is all settled... I think I will just ask for money and more money for my birthday as my mom is making her decision and February and my birthday is in January so I'll be able to pay for the gas, cage (planning on a Critter Nation Small Animal single story cage), food and lots of toys and some shelter!

Now, my mom just needs to say yes (I have two months time to convince her) and I need everyone to pray that Raquel and Rochelle will still be there. <3 I'll probably keep their names, but use nicknames like Raqa and Ellie though.

Oh I hope everything works out for you! You sound like you are prepared for the little ones well enough! You should tell your mom to come on here , chat a little , get to know some of our own rat babies , then I am sure she will say yes!! :cheeky:

We went to the pet store a few days ago, to buy Kumah a collar and an employee was playing with the rats while someone was cleaning their food bowls out and so I held a young buck. :) She felt it's tail and admitted he was cute, and not gross looking.
I did make a 10 minute slide show awhile back about why I should have one.

I'll tell her to browse around later today after supper. :D I'm too busy daydreaming about owned Raquel and Rochelle. <3

That's wonderful news! Your mom sounds pretty cool, she was willing to feel his tail after all. That's what seems to throw so many people off. :D I hope she enjoys the forum.

I've never adopted from MRR (have bought wheels & hammocks, though), but they are a wonderful rescue judging from everything I have heard.

If your parents are not willing to drive four hours, you could easily find some nice rescue rats in New Brunswick. There are available rats in several age groups listed on kijiji or on this part of the Forum: viewforum.php?f=56

Congrats on your soon to be new rats !!
It is wonderful that you are getting rescue ratties. MMR is a good rat rescue.
Since the ratties have been in foster for awhile, they shouldn't have any of the rat diseases that are much more prevalent in the USA then in Canada.

Rat owners in the Maritime Provinces tend to try to help rescue rats in the maritimes (NB, NS, PEI and NFLD) so I don't know of anyone that has adopted from MMR.
When your parents bring the rats across the border they should have a copy of the import regulations allowing rats, with them.
Otherwise, they may run into problems.

Yes, but it's best to print out the border laws for rats to show the border patrol people, they don't always seem to know that rats are allowed through!

So, are Math and Rattielle the same person?
Otherwise, why would you, Math, go to the USA to get two rescue rats when NB has so very many rescue rats in need of good homes?

SQ said:
So, are Math and Rattielle the same person?
Otherwise, why would you, Math, go to the USA to get two rescue rats when NB has so very many rescue rats in need of good homes?

I think it is because she fell in love with a specific pair? I am not positive but I think I read that

Yes, that is why I asked if they were the same person.
Rattielle fell in love with a specific pair. But as far as we know, Math didn't .... unless they are they same person.

SQ said:
Yes, that is why I asked if they were the same person.
Rattielle fell in love with a specific pair. But as far as we know, Math didn't .... unless they are they same person.

Oh okay , I was confused because I dont know who Math is :giggle: Sorry about that!

Back