If money was no object....

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellazrat

If money was no object what cage would you buy your rats? I would love to know your wildest dreams on things from the cage itself to toys, hide boxes, and other odds and ends. don't be afraid to get silly here! :happydance:

also what, in your opinion, is the best rat cage for 2 young (beefy) female rats? I want big, and I mean big! I am starting to think I have a shopping problem when it comes to accessories because I have piles of toys and no room in the cage! also I want room for new recruits once my mom gives in.

can you tell I am planing a hostile takeover of my mothers computer room in the future? Shhh don't tell her though....its best to break these kind of things on parents sloooowwwwly :D watch out adoption rats, here comes momma!

I would buy a really big cage and lots of toys and hammocks and then pay someone to clean it for me so I would have more time to play with the ratties :happydance:

I really like the FN, but I can't wait for the Critter Nation to come out. It's suppose to be exactly like the FN but with bars made for rats.

If money was no object I would buy three critter nations...when it comes out...make a double wide triple high cage.....have a large playroom built for the rats, with lots of toys, tunnels, and shelves, a large outdoor fully fenced in pen around a couple of trees for climbing.......and yes someone to clean the cages so I could have more time for playing.......

CAGE ?????

My little guys want a three bedroom home with a huge staircase to bounce up and down :lol:

In their dreams :cheeky: unfortunately.

My poor, deprived little ratties (yeah, right) will just have to make do with their martins and FN cages for awhile longer.

:) Dahlas just described my dream quite accurately ... thanks Dahlas ... :nod:

If money and space wasn't an issue I would get the Critter Nation (so long as it's just like the FN with small bar spacing). It would be stuffed with toys, hammocks, and other cozies. :cheeky: *sighs* Only in my dreams.

I would buy another double FN (or two new Critter Nations) and make a double wide (I just don't think I'm tall enough for a triple!) . . . I would buy every rattie vendor on this Forum's entire line of products (all in co-ordinated colours, of course), amass a stock pile of matching toys and accessories, totally renovate the Rat Room so it's 100% rat proof it and build a great big climbing gym for them. And because I would have loads of money to pay people to cook and clean and otherwise take care of "stuff" for me, I would spend every day alternating between playing with and gently squishing my boys and decorating and redocorating their cages so they're just so . . . and goofing off with my dogs!

That's what I would do! :nod:

I want a play room like Jo's :thumbup:

And double FN's or Critter Nations. :)

A ton of toys, hammies, every single thing I have sighed over on the net, but didn't have the money or it wasn't practical enough for the cost, more of a "I want!". :cheeky: :)

Is it sad that I'm so monetarily pinched that all I can think of is just that I want my SP exotics cage for my poor squished girls? I don't care about huge at the moment, I just want my girls to be comfy! :cry:

I've been making them hammocks, and I -think- I figured out how to make a (dilapidated) cube, but I have to hand sew everything three times over in itty bitty stitches, because my sewing machine is from the 1920's. Swear to god, it used to be my nana's. It has an iron foot pedal. Ew.

I suppose if I were really going for dreams though, I'd like to build the cage I designed...storage for the girls, a good 5' of height, 4' width, and 3-4' depth? yeeeeeeeeah. I never plan on having more than 4 girls at once though, or (definately only neutered) boys for that matter... 4 seems like just the right number for a good sized rat pile, but no overwhelmed Kate trying to give all her babies attention one on one. :D

Hmm I would have a whole room for our babies! full of toys and cozy beds and hammocks.
Though James and I are thinking of converting some of the office into a playroom for the our kiddies. I think they will be extatic about playing in there!

lilspaz68 said:
Every single thing I have sighed over on the net, but didn't have the money or it wasn't practical enough for the cost, more of a "I want!". :cheeky: :)
LOL!! Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! That would SO be me too! :laugh4:

I want custom cages, designed just for me and for my snobbish tastes :wink2: I want them built into the walls so they dont take up floor space, with excellent ventilation systems built right in for just the cages :D . The rest of the room will be filled with toys, a jungle gym, and a small wading pool so the boys can swim if they feel like it. I want someone to help me clean, but I do like making sure everything is just so.

I would have a room just for my rats with triple wide critter nation (I'm just not tall enough for a triple high lol) with tonnes of toys, hammocks, and anything that would amke them happy. Then the rest of the room would be their play area.

cardboardcastles: Mine has an iron foot pedal and it's from my great grandmother. lol

anita1216 said:
I want custom cages, designed just for me and for my snobbish tastes :wink2: I want them built into the walls so they dont take up floor space, with excellent ventilation systems built right in for just the cages :D . The rest of the room will be filled with toys, a jungle gym, and a small wading pool so the boys can swim if they feel like it. I want someone to help me clean, but I do like making sure everything is just so.

Now that I think on it I really like you and your snobbish ideas Anita!! I want the same!!!!!!!!

anita1216 said:

dude you just got my geek streak going so bad! now i want a house like in that movie "buddy" but with rats insted of horses and chimps lol. ahhhh the dreams :D

nvm i got a really big cage from petco, called the rat manor, and it's pretty much my dream cage. The right size for three baby girls. I'm in the process of making hammocks though. I already made my own liners and have a bunch of boxes, balls, and chubes for they to play or chew apart! The girls are so sweet.

Now that my brain is clear.... more ideas. A small tree just for my rats to climb and dig in it's dirt. I'd hire someone to build the best duct tape and cardboard box house ever..... and make it into a shnazzy cage made like a ferret nation, 'cept bigger crazier and better. I'd buy a custom diet suited to my rats needs. I'd build a HUGE tube maze, and donate to rats in need.

Back