If its not one thing, its another.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

So this morning I go in the rats room to check on everyone and give some cheerios and Lilly is at the bottom of her cage with her head tucked under her and she is all puffed out charging around, when I went to touch her she squealed. I finally got her to where I could pick her up and guess what her tongue was stuck to one of her staples. So I put her down, went to get the wire cutters and picked her back up, I guess I picked her up just right because her tongue came loose. I swear.

I know she wasn't stuck like that for to long because I had just checked on them at 6 a.m. and this was about 7:30 a.m. Poor girl. Once her tongue came unstuck she went straight to the cheerios and started eating. I am sure her tongue will be sore and swollen today so she will be getting some baby food tonight.

I went ahead a clipped the loose staple and check to other ones to make sure they were not loose.

Does any ones vet just use glue for tumor incisions. Next time I am going to ask him to just use the glue.

My vet used staples once on one of my guys, he got his teeth stuck in it, I clipped all the staples off... I told my vet never again, no staples for rats. lol

I'm glad she's ok!

Back