I was very very bad :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I was checking up on some rats for the ARC website at the TAS (Toronto Animal Services) on Sunday. I had called to ask when they were going up for adoption since they had been there since Aug. 22nd and the TAS is notorious for letting animals sit in Lost/Found for a long time. They were available now. I saw their pics and that was it. Shelagh was very very bad. :(
They were a russian blue hoodie and a russian blue berk. Russian blue hoodies have a very very special place in my heart because of Lucky my first real rescue rat...the rat that started me on my new path. :heart: Plus you can never forget about Dilbert!! :roll:
Lucky was found under a car still in her tiny cardboard petshop box in an outdoor parking lot in October!!! She was 5 weeks old and was lucky to to be under the car of a work friend of mine who offered her to me. :D She never ailed in her life until the end where she had cataracts and finally succumbed to PT at 27 months.
luckypetoftheday.jpg

And then there was unglued's Newb who I had met but never really held until the eve of his unknown death. :( He became my dream rat...a RB berk or self.
prettynewbinmylap.jpg

Soo I was doomed when I saw the girls and even went down and braved the last day of the CNE crowds to get them since the South TAS is on the CNE grounds in the Horse Palace. :crazy2:

So after all this meet Akahi (berk) and Lani (hoodie). they are only about 4 months old, and just very sweet rats. I had moved my colonies around a bit and split the BroCo cages into 2 groups. There is now the BroCo 1 aka The Punks, and the BroCo 2 aka the Gentles. I needed a new cage of sweet accepting rats and I got it. They took to Suri and Linny quickly and the babies are now living with them. :mrgreen: I needed some young girls for the wee babies to grow up with since everyone except Fayth is over 1 year old now.
Akahi (Hawaiian for For the first time, never before)
and Lani (Hawaiian for Sky or heaven)
Bluegirls2sept3.jpg

Bluegirls3sept3.jpg

Bluegirlscurioussept3.jpg

BluegirlsSept3.jpg

and their cameo's
Lani (a bit more wary but still very sweet)
bluehoodiesept3.jpg

Akahi (adventurous and everywhere)
blueberksept3.jpg

ugh! my and my friend were at the ex Sunday and we went to go see if they had any rats there were these two girls, we got to handle them too, my friend is used to her *laxy*boys, so these girls were too much for her :p
they were not hesitant to get out of the cage, i am sure they just wanted to get on the floor and run around. it's nice knowing i will see the girls again, in a much better setting :)

Awww, they are gorgeous girls! Can't wait to hear more about them and their new adventures! *jealous* I've always wanted a Russian Blue hehehe. Maybe one day! Congrats on the new girls!

Back