I was featured in "Readers Digest Canada"!! WoohOo

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenniferkelley

So since back in October, I got an email from a writer in Nova Scotia asking me if I would like to be in an article he was working on about Pet Rats. I obviously said yes and he called me the next day to interview me. Two months went by nothing happened so I figured it was a total blow, but then a fact checker contacted me. I emailed him back and he said the article would be in the March issue. Turns out it got put on the back burner until this month!! But here it is~ :

IMG_4982.jpg

Awesome!! I can`t wait for my copy to come in! You`re famous!

I don't like the idea of them boasting about rat/cat/dog buddies though, as that just promotes idiots to let their big animals interact with their rats.

Thanks everyone! It was really exciting and hard to keep my mouth shut for the 5-6 months until it actually came out. I remember slipping to Mmak out of excitement!

When I saw that little comment about the pictures with dogs and cats I thought the same thing.
I walked around my whole town to like 7 different stores just to find it, would have been easier if my mom was still subscribed! :)

That's great Jenny!! :joy:
I can't wait to get my copy.
Kinda neat having this opportunity.
Did you notice my new ratty girl I named after you?
Note: You have a WAY better figure as this girlie is HUGE!! :shock:
Congrats. :heart:

Haha thanks everyone! I just love how its a featured story and not just a lonely article. (RATS AS PETS pg.158 is on the cover) I want to go buy me like 10 copies!! :p

It was amazing having this opportunity! & Sharlee I did notice you named her after me! I was going to comment and I totally got sidetracked - typical me.

Heh... my alternate vet was quoted in the article. It sucks that the author (as usual) way overstated a rat's lifespan. Yes, in rare cases they can live to be 3 1/2 but it's not the norm and you don't want people to go out and get rats with that expectation.

victoria said:
Heh... my alternate vet was quoted in the article. It sucks that the author (as usual) way overstated a rat's lifespan. Yes, in rare cases they can live to be 3 1/2 but it's not the norm and you don't want people to go out and get rats with that expectation.

That's exactly what I thought to myself. The author asked me so many questions during the interview about their habitat and everything yet he ended up saying a guinea pig cage would be sufficient..

I was pretty upset that he never linked my website or even stated that it was named "Jennifer Kelley's Homemade Hammocks", which would have been useful so people could look it up. But OH WELL!

Ah! It's this month!? I totally forgot.
I actually saw a Readers Digest in Shoppers today and thought about it, but I thought it was some other month and didn't look for the article. :emb:

Woohoo! I;m glad I was checking the site everyday looking for the release date - they said they would send a copy when it first came out and it's still not in my mail! :p

Back