I think they want me to join the pile...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jems71

So for the past week or two, after I collect the girls from their free roam time, and get them all back in their cage... I have noticed if I sit on the floor by the cage which ever corner/side I am on all the girls curl up in that corner and take a nap...they never ever sleep in the corners out in the open.
It started a cpl weeks ago with Mamma (Altana) she does this every time I am sitting on the floor near the cage, she finds the closest spot near me and bruxes for a few mins and takes a nap...now the others have joined her this past few days.
She is always the first then Ellie and then the two youngsters.
I think they want me to join their little rat pile...
I know this might be wishful thinking, but makes me happy when I think this is how they feel about me even tho the two older rats still don't really like being picked up, and seldom do they climb up on me fully on their own...but...I think they still like me none the less.
:hugs: I love these little rat ladies! :heart:

I wish I could join the rat pile. sometimes what I do is I stick my hand inside the hammock, on top of the rat pile. It's really cute; they all shift around, to make room for me, a few will groom me and give me kisses and then they go back to sleep.

Jems71 said:
I know this might be wishful thinking, but makes me happy when I think this is how they feel about me even tho the two older rats still don't really like being picked up, and seldom do they climb up on me fully on their own...but...I think they still like me none the less.
:hugs: I love these little rat ladies! :heart:

they sure do.. it would be their way of saying they love u and that they want to be close to you. even tho they dont like to be held... they want the comfort of being near you. :nod:

How sweet <3
My boys do that in the mornings when I am getting ready for work. They all crawl up the bars into one corner of the cage and brux at me while I get dressed. :p

henry's_mum said:
with the new hammocks you got, you may just fit in them with the girls!!!
:giggle:
True I have been sizing up them cozy hammocks ... maybe just maybe...:giggle:
Oh and I think it was Mamma(Altana) that was nice enough to make other pockets in the large pocket hammock on first day!

I really need to get some batteries for my camera...just seems every time I want it I am not near a store or its too late nothing open...
OK this is my mission GET BATTERIES!!! After all it is Christmas season...need to have camera ready...

Back