I think my rats dying!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riot!

This morning i noticed my 2 yr old boy wasn't acting right so I went over a picked him up he took a treat and kinda shook alittle but went back to sleep so I checked back a few mins ago and
Found him at the bottom of the cage lying there eyes open not moving and breathing funny I picked him up and put him n my lap now he's sitting here curled into my arm breathing funny and barely moving when he try's to move he kind sways like a drunk I'm really worried and I have no idea what to do someone help D:

Can you rush him to a vet?
You could try to hydrate him with water and some sugar in the water. But if he is dying, from what could be a stroke or even a pituitary tumour, it might be best to just make him comfortable until he passes.
I'm so sorry...

My vets closed today and the only 1 open on Sunday near me is a hour drive and cost 600 for a vist which I can't afford at the moment hes curled n my lap now it looks like dried blood around his ears ears and nose

Keep him warm....and quiet. Offer him some ensure or sugar water on your fingers to see if he will eat......
I am not sure what else you could do....

Back