I THINK MY RAT PEANUT IS SICK SICK!! HELP!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovemyrats

Well im probably a bit to worried but my rat peanut keeps on neezing i think like this "Hssshh hsssh " you know that sound it makes every minute it will do that is it sick got a cold i just curious about it.. please help it just gotten up from sleeping and it yawned ? soo does anyone know what it going on or if natrual

lilangel said:
most URI likely (upper respiratory illness) may need some baytril or doxy (both from a vet) best thing is to bring her/him to the vet.
if i dont do something will it get really bad or is it a bad thing?

Yes they can get new home sneezies as rats have very sensitive sniffers just like lilangel said. Also you want to make sure you don't have any scented items near their cage such as scented candles, air freshener, flowers, perfume (even if you only spray it once a day) any type of deodorizers. Any scent at all since their noses are very senstive.

LA said:
Yes they can get new home sneezies as rats have very sensitive sniffers just like lilangel said. Also you want to make sure you don't have any scented items near their cage such as scented candles, air freshener, flowers, perfume (even if you only spray it once a day) any type of deodorizers. Any scent at all since their noses are very senstive.

well i keep detol anitizer near there cage could that be affecting her... it doesnt affect my other one Cheasal

Ilovemyrats said:
LA said:

well i keep detol anitizer near there cage could that be affecting her... it doesnt affect my other one Cheasal

I don't know what that is. Yes it could affect one rat and not the other. If that's what's causing it.

Back