I really must learn to say "No, 2 New Rescues

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrazyKritterz

So I really need to learn to say no to ratties that need a home,, I would love to keep them all BUT...Landlord has limited me to 1 Cage with 2-3 ratties depending on what the cage holds. I have Chase and Dash already. (Jazz, AKA Kiwi) came with Chase when I rescued them and she was a surprise she was suppose to be a He, She may be pregnant I will know by next week, if she isn't then she will be going to a new home. Then I ended up with Loki (the Rat that came as a Stowaway with the new cage I got). He is getting ready to go to a new home next week. He didn't get along with my boys and He is a total Spaz lol. But He is going to a good home.
SO now the Newbies Stories
The Baby, Born 4/8/14, so He is 4.5 weeks, I got an email from a girl, thought she was replying to my ad about Loki for adoption instead she asked me to take the last baby of her rats litter, She adopted a Pet-co rat and it was pregnant, she re-homed all the other babies only 5 in the entire litter, mom was young I guess. Her dad said that she if she didn't re-home him by this week he was going to go to his Friend as snake food. I couldn't say no, so I met her today and took him, He is a Black Self, Fur is very soft and shiny, Seems very healthy.

While I was out there is decided to stop into my pet store for my bag of Rodent Blocks and My friend (works in the store) she was the Breeder for Chase and Dash was so excited I came in, and Guess what she had, Rescue # 2. She ended up with one of Dash & Chases Brothers Back, Owner ended up having to move due to Loss of her Family member and My friends boss almost feed him to a Snake but she said he was on hold for someone, and Begged me to take him, once again Couldn't say now, He is nice but very nervous, Peed on me Immediately. Soooooo Once I quarantine everyone and make sure all good health, I am going to have rehomeing to do....

Meet Onyx- Black Self
flvacz.jpg

Meet Blaze- Blue Patched White
k3n4g9.jpg

2nisjn4.jpg

How great you could help them! You are going to make such a big difference in their lives. They are both sweet. Are you going to put these two boys together for now?

They are both just beautiful...so sweet! I am in love already, of course! I am so glad you took them...you saved their lives!

I had the same question...are you going to put them both together for some introductions? Onyx and Blaze are sooo lucky you took them! :cheerful:

How great you could help them! You are going to make such a big difference in their lives. They are both sweet. Are you going to put these two boys together for now?
I am treating them both with revolution just in case because my other boys had lice from the pet store, they are both going to quarantine and then intro to my boys until I can rehome 2. I have decided to rehome 2 bonded together so we will see who clicks to you. Chase is bonded to mommy so the boy that bonds best to him will stay. Dash isn't bonded to me. He sleeps with chase but they don't really do anything together, he is shy etc. And Chase is very social and adventurous. That's the only way I can decide which ones to keep, you know. Chase stays because he is bonded to me.

Back