I love you Lily

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruxxy

My sweet little girl passed on today with the help of the wonderful Dr.Munn.

She had been declining for quite some time and her body just couldnt fight any longer.

I rescued her from Toronto Humane society as a tiny little baby back in late 2005. Throughout her life she was always so sweet and gentle, and she changed many peoples idea of what a rat was.

These are a few things I will always remember about her.

She never once started a fight with any of her cage mates...but she new how to stand up for herself if someone tried to mess with her. I remember recently my alpha girl Skye was chasing her around the cage and trying to take her yogi. All of a sudden Lily turned around and pounced on top of Skye and pinned her down until Skye relaxed...keep in mind that Lily was 30 months at the time too and weighed about half of what fatty Skye does.

She loved meeting new friends and was always the first to accept newcomers.

During feeding time, instead of trying to greedily grab as much food as possible, she would gently take one block from me and run off and eat it. When that was finished she would come back for another one.

She loved baby rats.

She bruxed with her lips when she was really happy. This is actually a trait that she shared with her sisters which lead to the discovery that Shelaghs 2 girls were Lilys sisters.

She was super cuddly.

She loved to give kisses

These are just some of the special things about my girl. She will be greatly missed by everyone who loved her.

I would also like to thank Shelagh for her support during that last few months of Lilys life. Shes with her sister now and I know all 3 are looking down on you.

R.I.P my sweet little girl.

058.jpg

DSCN0283.jpg

Lilyissuchasweetheart.jpg

Lilyissleepytoday.jpg

076-1.jpg

Thank you bruxxy for sharing your memories of Lily. She was a very special girl, an "old soul" if you will, gentle and sweet and a survivor as well. I fell in love with her within seconds of meeting her. :D

When I was over the last time, and she was out on the bed with her mom and I, poor Lily had a gasping attack. Most rats panic and do not want to be touched even by their beloved human...Lily ran back to mom and crawled into the pockets of her hoodie. She was most comforted there and her Mom would protect her. :heart:

Those extra special rats are even harder to let go of, but you were very brave and helped her cross before things became bad for your lovely girl.

((hugs))

I wanted to add the video we took of her flapping her gums for the camera :D

I am so very sorry ...
Lily :heart: sounds like a very special little girl.
Thank you for sharing the pictures and your memories.
take good care

Back