I had a fall

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

I seriously scared the crap out of myself today. I was rushing to the subway because my bus was really late and I managed to fall 10-15 stairs down. I'm so lucky I didn't smash my head. I can't remember much other than:

Me:EEP! (as I realise I'm fallng) ... a few oofs..
Crowd: OOoohhhhh!

I barely get up and people are asking me if I am ok but all I see is the subway doors open, make my way to them and fall into the chair. I almost passed out... scary stuff. I've been feeling kinda weird all day so I hope I am ok. I don't think I hit my head but my arms, legs and knees are in soooo much pain.

So yeah... don't run down stairs in high heeled boots!

Ouch.. I think this is going to hurt more tomorrow.

hahhahaa.. im sooo sorry. i know i shouldnt laugh.. but omg.. are you ok?? oh man... that really bites.. i really hope your day went better..
haha.. i was just pictureing how you explained it.. and its soooooo going to be one of those.. laugh at it later moments for you... dude.. i really hope you are ok tho... i really do.. .. maybe take a couple ibuprofein before bed.. help relax ur muscles so you wont be quite as sore... hope there arent to many bruises girl!! :shock:

yeah, you'll probably hurt more tomorrow as your body gets it together and decides what avenues to concentrate the Paintrain along instead of it's initial diffuse confusion.
The understandable emotional humiliation at going arse over teakettle in front of a gathering of people who are bored to the max and find you the epitome of the entertainment available will surely cause your focus to be on your emotional embarassment rather than your physical pain.

Do you have to work tomorrow? Geez I hope you don't feel physically rough when you get up. I suggest that you pick up some good quality chocolate on the way to or from work. And while waiting for the train focus on some hulking scowling nogoodnik and imagine him in high heels going arse over teakettle. That'll help the emotional thing. (just don't laugh out loud)

You poor dear!! I'm glad that you didn't get seriously hurt but you will certainly be feeling it in the morning :( Try to take a nice hot shower in the morning to soothe those muscles and take lots of pain drugs!!

Damn that was a big fall! :eek: hope you dont feel to bad next day...

If it makes you feel a little better; i also fell of a stairs yesterday. :? :oops: I had my hands full with stuff and i closed the door and made a step... klabam! meep was down the stairs. Not 10-15 stairs but still scary.

Anyway, hug for you and good luck tomorrow. Hot shower def. will help! :)

I've imagined that fall and it was not nice. :( I hope you are okay!

I would advise some Ibuprofen now to help any swelling or discomfort that is going to occur.

Ouch! :shock:

It hurts just thinking about that fall! Wish I'd read this post last night; I'd have suggested ice packs and Ibuprofen as soon as possible to help prevent swelling and more pain. They can work magic.

Take care of yourself; hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I was definitely in a lot of pain today. I find for me the 3rd day is worse, so I'm not thrilled to have to wake up tomorrow, lol. My ankles are sore and bruised. My back and arms are sooooo tight... *sigh*

Well I'm glad that you are okay, even if a bit bruised and tender. But gee that must have hurt and you must have had so much adrenaline running through you to have prevented you from crying at the time.

Can you get someone to check to see how your pupils respond to light. Get them to quickly shine a torchlight in your eyes and to see if your pupils constrict equally. If they do then you most likely don't have concussion.

I feel down 3 steps... yup 3 steps, and landed on my hands and knees. I thought that was painful! I cried and for the life of me I couldn't stop the crying. It reminded me of when I was a child and I would fall then erupt into tears. Only I was ~ 29 yo at the time. Fortunately no one saw me!

Jeez, you really ouched yourself, eh? I hope you don't think I was being flippant or uncaring about the embarassment part over the owie part. I'm sorry you got hurt bad enough to still be suffering thru it some. I hope something really nice happens for you to balance this really un-nice thing :redbud: and you're back to A-ok real soon.

how you feeling today?? i hope better :? you will laugh about it in prolly a month ... i can be such a klutz sometimes.. just tripping on my own feet...lol.. i just try to laugh it off... :oops:
but anyway.. hope youre not as sore...

Back