I Give Up. Name Her.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake S.

It's been about a month since I my two girls from the very poor conditions they were keeping them in at a local petstore. They look almost identical, both hooded rats with similar spots running down their backs. The main difference is one of them is a dark shade of brown and the other is light grey.
After a few weeks the dark brown girl was named Bear (after she warmed up she's a rambunctious little thing)
The second girl, the light grey one, has yet to earn a name. She's a lot more skiddish of bear but is the sweetest thing ever when she interacts with Bubs and Nettie (who both have taken the motherly role with them) My girlfriend and I have gone back and forth throwing names around but none of them have stuck.
So now I've come to you, I'd make a poll but I don't even have names lined up.
Give me your best ideas
Bonus Points: Names from famous literary novels.

Here's a photo (ain't she cute?)
Thc4Ta1
https://imgur.com/a/Thc4Ta1

I am sure lots of people will suggest a lot of names

But I would suggest that you think about names of those you have known, characters in literature, movies etc that seem to fit her and her personality ..... or someone special to you that you want to honor by giving her their name

When my sister and I got kittens 8 years ago, we named them Marianne and Eleanor. She loves classic novels and said that they were like the characters from Sense and Sensibility, but that was just a coincidence. In reality, I named my cat Ellie first and she picked Marianne later. I had just become obsessed with the Beatles and Eleanor Rigby was one of my favourite songs with a name in it, so I named her Ellie and Eleanor Rigby was her full name. I’m partial to the name Ellie because she was the sweetest cat and she did not live very long, but Marianne is nice to. Sorry this was so long-winded but those are my literary suggestions with a story behind them.

My sister had a dog named Ellie who was crazy about my rats (especially the naked ones for some reason). So I named my next hairless Ellie.. Ellie dog would stare at the rat cage for hours, and whine when they were asleep in a hideyhouse and she couldn't see them, she'd actually get tears watching them! (sorry Jake, hope you don't mind me throwing this in, get back here and let us know what's happening name-wise).
110227 Ellie Noel 4.27pm name sm.jpg

Back