I Fight Like A Girl

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leala

My mom is working on a project for school and is doing some awareness about womens shelters. She's making some shirts in remembrance of the Montreal Massacre that happened twenty years ago. I really like the design on the shirt and I figured I'd post here and see if I could get some interest in it to open up a cafe press shop. Of course the proceeds are going to the womens shelter she is supporting.

15841_354316410640_601285640_9759164_8236215_n.jpg

Have a look and tell me what you think.
Any suggestions?
Would anyone buy this shirt?
How much would you pay?

As much feedback as possible would be great!

Thanks!

It's hard to sell shirts with really long slogans on them because then people stop and stare and read all of the lines, but that one was really well done! I really like it, though I'm not often the type of person to wear shirts that support causes. I'm more of a button/tote bag person, is there any way to offer something more like that as well? Just a thought that you might hit more audiences with that too!

I would so buy a button that says I FIGHT LIKE A GIRL with the ribbon beneath it! Haha!

It's true, sometimes the shirts with the really long slogans on them do tend to get avoided. this is on the back of the shirt and the front has a small purple ribbon on the hip.
The sleeve has a logo for a womens shelter on it.
If people like the idea then I think it would be easy to get other things like totes and buttons etc. I'll look into it.

I like the shirt. I think it would be a good idea to have totes and other things as well then it appeals to a wider crowed. I have a friend in Fredericton that does printing on shirts and things. Though it won't be till January that he'll be doing anything as he's working on his thesis. But I could send him a message for you to figure out prices 'n stuff. All of his things are all fairly traded t-shirts which are ethically made.

Please please PLEASE let me know if I can order a couple of these shirts... I would also be interested in something tote-like, if that becomes available.

lindsayfawn said:
I like the shirt. I think it would be a good idea to have totes and other things as well then it appeals to a wider crowed. I have a friend in Fredericton that does printing on shirts and things. Though it won't be till January that he'll be doing anything as he's working on his thesis. But I could send him a message for you to figure out prices 'n stuff. All of his things are all fairly traded t-shirts which are ethically made.

That would be cool, I'd like to know how the prices work out. As of right now mom is going to get them printed at the Nova Scotia Community College where she goes to school and they get them for cheap BUT they have to have the school logo on it somewhere, which personally takes away from the shirt.
At any rate I'm going to talk to her tonight and let her know the ideas I've gotten!
I'm really loving the feed back everyone, KEEP IT COMING!!

Thanks!

I LOVE IT
Being the mother of 3 girls (18 - 11 - 9yrs), and as a child growing up in a home where Dad thought mom was a punching bag....I would buy one...No four...one for each of my daughters too and possibly more for my neices and sisters...
Depending on the cost to make these selling for $15-20 is reasonable...I like the idea of a tote bag too!
So let us know...this is a GREAT Shirt!

Has it already been 20 years? Hard to believe, it doesn't seem that long ago.
I would be interested as well.

Cait, you need to buy one and make John wear one! Haha.

I wouldn't buy a shirt, simply because I have a huge neck, and "normal" cut t-shirts make my neck look huger. BUT I would buy a tote, buttons, etc., if they were available.

And $20 is not unreasonable for this shirt :)

Here's a general estimate of prices for screen printing:

Setup charge:
<50 items (i.e. shirt, totes)--$50
<75 items -- $75
<100 items -- $100
>100 items -- $150
>200 items -- $175 (because ink and stuff gets cheaper the more you purchase, so the setup charge becomes less as the amount increases)
>300 items -- $200
>400 items -- $225

The setup charge covers the time it takes to setup my press, prepare artwork, prepare screens for printing, and ink.

Labour:
I charge $20/hr for printing the shirts. It is about 10 hours to print 100 shirts, on one side, with some variation on how many colours. I can print up to four colours.

Shirts:
Shirts costs are a little more varied, they are priced by the unit (one shirt), dozen or 72. One shirt is about $7, one dozen shirts are about $6.50-6.75 per shirt, and 72 shirts are about $5.75-6.25 each depending on the size. Obviously the larger the shirt, the more it is. I can get t-shirts in small, medium, large, extra-large, and XX-large.

If I order more shirts, say about 200 of each size, the prices start to get a bit cheaper again. The prices are higher, because I purchase only fairly traded t-shirts, but they are really good quality shirts
Shipping:
Customer pays shipping, whatever it may be.

For Shipping we could also ship them using Purolator where Ang gets a 75% discount it's really cheap doing it that way.

Let me know if this helps any.

Back