I did it again! Meet Slash

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez the dumbo PEWs look pretty rough ):
Ugh poor girls
If she's willing she could drop them off with me and you can grab them from my house Saturday (pretty sure I am closer to you than Elk Grove?)
Not sure how open she is to that though

Glad you are getting them and Peggy can take care of them

I'm jealous you get to see those teeny babies
Try not to return home with tooooo many hehe :p
I'd be stuffing my purse with all her Theia clones LOL

It'd be nice if she was just a rex but I have my doubts :|
Such a small looking cage and I think I see more Tostito snack mix ew :p

Oh my... I just got around to looking at this thread... your Slash looks about just like my Flash!!! What a beauty! I hope he'll turn out to be just as much a mama's boy as my Flash is! :heart:
http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31460&highlight=flash

And the girls are beautiful.... :thud:

Wow, from not looking to getting 4 new rescues... typical rat mom... :giggle:

ETA - LOL LOL LOL... DSPCH911... go to my thread linked above, and look at your comment dated 11-02-2014, 12:46 PM. This was meant to be!!!

Last edited:
Nameless, still won't touch the hammock and will only go in the cube on occassion. He is still sleeping on the floor of the hospital cage (about the size of the tank he was in) he is sleeping on the plastic with nothing under him. He did redecorate though with the kleenex box we gave him and the entire cage looks like we just stuffed it with tissue. He buries his food, but he's loving fresh veggies/fruit. I'm guessing he's not actually allergic to eggs since I forgot and gave him pasta (which contained egg). He has climbed up the bars enough to get his back feet off the ground although he's not too sure of this. If I put the cage on a small table next to the chair I'm sitting in and leave the door open he will climb into my lap then go back in, he repeats this often. Daddy had him on his shoulder yesterday, but again he looked a bit shakey - all these new things - poor baby!

I think tonight I will put him in the rat manor - oh how I hate that cage - maybe it will get him more mobile and climbing.

Since hopefloats cannot take the three girls now they will be going to my mom's when we get them. Hopefully she will fall in love with them since she has been on the fence about getting rats of her own. Oh no, I only have boy hammocks - I need girl colors - I better work on that. My sewing machine is actting up I'll have to make no sew ones tonight since I'll be setting up their cage tomorrow.

Hopefully they will all learn to be ratties soon!

Stewart moved into a new home today and holy cow was he excited. He has now gone from a tank with only a cardboard box, to a small wire cage with a couple hammocks and toys (still not using hammocks), to this!! He's been running from top to bottom since we put him in it. He' also filling out since he's no longer eating whatever that mix was.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1421976373476.jpg

He was still up exploring this morning when I was getting ready for work. I just wish he would learn its alright to sleep in something hanging. He will only go in the stuff that is on a shelf or the bottom of the cage. I do believe he is going to be a destructive though and it seem he likes plastic to chew on. He filling out too and he's not so stinking (fur)

Stewart is settling in just fine. He is a ball of energy and he has figured out the hammocks and the space pod Yay!!! He answers to his name, knows when dinner time is, and has daddy wrapped around his tiny fingers... well, they all do!! He can certainly climb now - he is one happy rat inside the cage. Coming out, he's still not to sure on, but we're getting there.. Then it will be onto finding him some friends...

EDIT: Is Stewart what you guys consider a high white???

Last edited:
I believe that that marking is considered high white. Is he having any issues? He seems old enough that he has passed the first test of being weaned.

Back