I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cityratt

Has the rat train pulled into the GTA YET!!!! raaaar, i am SO impatient....

I keep looking at the pictures. and squirming over wishing my boys would come home...so i created this thread so i could periodically come here and express how excited i am!!! Squeeee!

That and Brian and I have decided on new names for our boys...
"Smiley" will be Smee
and "Rain" will be Cap'n

:D

:D thanks Jo - i looked at his picture even before we were going to adopt him and thought that would be a good name for him :D

And i have to keep telling myself that I cannot adopt another girl to make 10 in the FN.

I have decided that 5 is my comfort number, and 5 looks real good in the double FN. So even at 9 i am way over my comfort level....
I was talking to Brian about it and tried to pull the "whats one more bri??? *puppy eyes*"
And he very calmly told me that eventhough he knows i want to save everyone, and he would love to help save them all too, that we cant overwhelm ourselves....
And Technically we've done the "whats one more? whats two more?" thing to accomodate for the brothers....
*sigh*

lol sure Jo! that way i could gain access to the Shack ... dun dun dun and convince brian to leave with some shacklings....maybe he could convince you guys to give some up!!!

Those babies would make me abandon my comfort levels completely. I think they have that effect on people, dont you think jo? mamarat? Nic??

:wink:

I know what you mean! I can't wait either. As soon as I'm all settled in my new apartment, it's gonna be cage shopping time. We're naming our girls Lucy, Tesla, Tennant and Simms. Haven't quite figured out who's who yet - cause in the pictures, all the PEWs kind of look the same :p

I fell in love with Smee as soon as I saw the picture.... picture make a huge difference in getting someone adopted.......people fall in love and they can't help but adopt.
I am so excited about getting my new boys as well.....
Hopefully all ratties will soon be in there new homes....

i don't have to wait at all. i already have my boys home. but i can understadn what you are going through. waiting for magic to come home, heck even just waiting to see him for the first time was HARD!!! but i'm lucky that i live so close. it gave me the opprotunity to even foster some sweet sweet dears.

so, now that i have magic (magi) and chop suey (formerly napoleon) home and neutered. the wait is for them to be safe to go in with the girls! though i think i may just leave chop suey with zen (foster formerly known as q-ball still looking for his home) until zen finds himself permanent parents. the poor dear spent his entire life at clark's until now... they get along so well. its like chop is glued to zen's hip! :lol:

but for now i have lots of rats to dote on. there's dahlas' ace and notorious and godmother's mocha. ET will be coming to me for a neuter on monday before he goes on his trip with harry and rasputin to keltika. and of course there is still playful boyo, the lover vandike and zen the sleeping beauty all wating for their forever homes. then of course there is my original 9: Stewart, Bribery, Tasche, Violet, Smeag, Sweetipie, Ink, Eyes and Twix. its a lovely full house! :mrgreen:

I think I'm going to keep my guys' names. I am so drawing a blank on names lately. lol
I really do like Rufus... Casper, may change, Remi and Callie, those are sweet names, although my cat is called Cally. lol
I plan on having Callie spayed and will try and intro the four together, if it works, great and if it doesn't, that's fine too.
I can't wait to see my new sweeties!! Best part... I'm getting an agouti!!! :joy:

I felt kinda bad changing their names, but the way i figure - big change in life - starting over in a forever home...warrents a new name i think :D

squeeee

Cityratt said:
I felt kinda bad changing their names, but the way i figure - big change in life - starting over in a forever home...warrents a new name i think :D

squeeee

that's why i changed mocha's name to serraphim. after she had been through, mocha just didn't fit her anymore. now more then ever, she is a angel of the highest order.

it was the same reasoning that napoleon got a new name. there's not as good reason for it to be chop suey other then its all i could think of and somehow it fits.

magic's name didn't really change too much. we call him magi instead now. i said it once and its rather stuck so... *shrugs*

naming the fosters was fun. boy 1 and boy 2 in cage 12 became boyo and vandike respectively. i was just playing with them and handling them and those were the names that popped into my head. maybe they told me... *shrug* i don't know. but i have been told they will be keeping those names by their new mom. i'm not sure why it does but that makes me happy. then renaming q-ball to zen, well that was a no brainer. he did not act like a q-ball and other then being white he had not resemblance to a q-ball. now, a zen master on the other hand... yeah he had that covered! :lol2:

i wonder what names the other adoptions will have in the end. i do hope everyone stays connected on here who adopted. it would be nice to see how everyone is doing and see pictures of these babies in their new homes.

im sure that whoever adopts from the shack will keep everyone else posted...

I CANT WAIT TO MAKE THOSE POSTS MYSELF!!!

man. are we there yet??

twitch said:
naming the fosters was fun. boy 1 and boy 2 in cage 12 became boyo and vandike respectively. i was just playing with them and handling them and those were the names that popped into my head. maybe they told me... *shrug* i don't know. .
I kinda feel that way about Smee...i just looked at him and the name stuck... go figure

I can't wait to post those topics as well! =)

I now have hundreds of names running through my head but I figured I should meet the gals first before I go off deciding anything. :p

I should start setting up the cage since I will need to make some hammocks for them....*runs off to decorate*

Back