Hyper girls

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synnøve

My two girls (three months) are just crazy during out time. They run around like rockets, and are just hyper active!
I know that usually girls aren't very cuddly, but will they become a just a bit more when they get older?
Cause now they can't even sit on my shoulder when i walk around. They just climb up and down my whole body :p
I feel i never really get any good contact with them, cause they're too busy to stay anywhere near me for more than two seconds...

Sometime i play a bit with them. Mostly just Bianca, cause Luna is a bit skittish. Then i kinda carefully "wrestle" with her, and she seems to like it. But does this just make her less cuddly?

Mine used to be that hyper, always on the go. Now at almost a year they have calmed down a bit. Hazel is still hyper but Ruby has calmed down a lot. After checking everything out she is happy to sit on your shoulder.

They WILL calm down... my girls are all seasoned shoulder riders now, but there was a while where my black girls would not settle long enough to let me!

They'll never be as cuddly as big squishy boys, though.. unless you become a very blessed rat mom and end up with a cuddly older girl!

But Jo, I thought the boys were supposed to be cuddle-bugs... hmm... I really need to have boys one day.

I have all girls and let me tell you they are CRAZY, especially my young ones they run, jump, run, jump, pounce, wrestle and hump everyone. It is hilarious. But I have four girls who are over 18 months and they love to be cuddled and scratched, when they want it. But for the most part if I grab them and just start scratching they oblige me by bruxing for as long as I want or until they wiggle their way out of my hands. Trust me they will get to where you can cuddle them, right now they are just young and enjoying life to the fullest.

You can try cuddle them them when they are tired.

The problem is that they have so freakin much enery, and i only have time to let them out max 2 hours a day, and they don't get tired from that..

Don't give up before you know it you will have a happy bruxing girly in lap begging to be loved.

I have older girls and younger girls so I get the joy of my cuddly oldies and the fun of watching my young ones, they are so fast and I have a spider rat she literally climbs up walls and leaps incredibly far. Last night I looked down the hall and there was Mimzy (13 weeks) staring at me like what I jumped out and here I am.

My girls love it when I rub behind their ears. Lilly sprawls out like a pancake and just soaks it up.

I'll admit I gave up with all my girls, of which there were many. I settled with watching them bounce around the room. But some of them do settle down for sure, like my current Dumbos, and they seek me out and literally chase me so they can be on me. :D

My first boy preferred wandering, but was a good shoulder rat as well if I stuck him up there. The second was like a girl, he ran around and never settled. :lol: It's hard to say how they'll turn out!

My girl Sydney used to be like a rocket...she never wanted to sit still....now at the end of play sessions she will climb in the crook of my arm for lots of head rubs.....and she lets me cuddle and kiss her.....I never thought I would see it happen..... :lol:

Back