hyllis

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phyllis

I can not remmember if I shared my heart break here or not, but I could use some prayer for my faith, I lost my youngets son Chad to alcohol & drugs at 39 this last Christmas, it was a hard whole year before he left me he was so very ill, so many hosiptals, Dr med tests, yet he would not stop, I prayed many times each day for us, but God choose to take him home,, I miss him so much it is unbareable, he was such a huge part of my life, always helping me do everything from cook to clean to cleaning out the sewer or trimming the trees, we loved to watch movies together, loosing your child takes away part of your heart & most of your happines. I still have my ratties my 4 ole beige girls are all still with me, one had a tumor removed but did great at 3 years ols, now one is battleing an inner ear infection the vet has her on antibiotics, an abcess formed under her ear & it is open & draining, I don't want to lose my ole girl, I love her & her sisters so much, they have helped me through so much! send her some thoughts too, Love to you all Phyllis & my Rattie kids!

Such a sad year you have had. I couldn't imagine losing a child. I'm sure you have found great comfort in your ratties - animals have a way of helping us cope that humans can't. When it's time for your girls to pass, you can take comfort in the fact that they have lived full, wonderful lives with you, and they will be passing happy, little old ladies... :hugs:

I'm so sorry Phyllis, I can't imagine what you went through, everything... too many life lessons for you, it would have broken anyone down.
Your ratties are lucky to have you, they are lucky that you stayed strong for them.

I know this is not my place to share my own experiences, but I can strongly relate to the loss your going through and a pray to your ratties :(

2years ago was sheer hell for me in my family. I have a very large family, so the sudden losses we experienced all in a short ammount of time, were devestating to all of us. In 2010 near the end of August, my aunt died in her upper 40s. For majority of her youth she lived a hard life of partying, and drugs. But that year she had turned her tide around, and tried to make good of herself, she even went quit pill popping cold turkey and was going to an interview job that day...when she suddenly... Anyway...she was the second youngest out of 4 girls, my mother's sister. The sudden loss devestated my poor nana and papa, and has in my opinion, increased their own health issues, my nana's altimers have increased, and now my papa has dementia. Then...after we returned home from my aunt's open funeral, it was Sunday night, when my mother got a horrific phone call from my 2nd elder sister. My father died, of a massive heartattack...he was going to be turning 50 that September...He was a heavy duty alchohalic, but he was massively obessed with several health issues. He was a disaster waiting to happen, but we were all in denial that it would...Me and all the rest of my 5 siblings were devestated and did our best to cling together, as our parents were divorced, but we loved them both equally. I'm still trying to get over my personal loss of my father, he was the one who encouraged me to do my schooling, stick to it. I had imagined him seeing me graduate, and walking me down the isle when I get married...well now I'm engaged and I have to accept the fact he'll not be here to do any of those things...

You'd think this was as bad as it gets for me, but then about 2 months later, my step father, who I love just as equally and his family too as my own, his father died of brain cancar...It was one loss after another for us, and the despair effected my mother and step dad at its worst. But if that weren't enough, my nana's brother, my grand uncle, died no more then a month later from his altimers disease. He was very old, as was my step dad's father, but they still had more years ahead of them...My grand uncle was the last of my nana's siblings...and my step father's dad was in his early 70s...none of it was right either way...

Well it's been about 2yrs since this loss, I probably should have seeked out therapy for my losses, but I had my family, my fiance...and now my rats, to help me get through the losses we've experienced. Its hard to believe how something as simple as a small cute furry little rat, can bring a smile to my face even at my darkest days when I miss my daddy...(sorry I am 26yrs old, but I still call him daddy) my rats always manage to bring a smile to my face. I cannot bare losing any of them, though I do know life and death happens, and we can only bare with it, and continue to move forward, and love our pets and family as long as possible.

I wish for you the best, and hope you in time, heal from your recent loss of your son...and that your rats continue to make you smile. And if you ever wish to chat, i'll be here :hugs:

Back