Hugs from Humphrey

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msMoan

Hello Rat Shack! I am ms Pharaoh Moan (get it?), henceforth known as the mother of the wonderful Humphrey (Humper, Humpty Dumpty, Bugs, Bogs, etc) Bogart!

66xnxg.jpg

This is he. Charming, no?

Raising a wee rattie has been a titillating experience and it's only been a few days. As well as a rat, I have a dog and a mouse - let me be the first to comment on how shockingly different the two are, and not just in personality. I'm pretty sure Bogs' feet are as big as my mouse Horatio's head. While I have raised baby mice before, I find myself flustered with 'new mother syndrome' where every squeak, pee, and squint could mean the end of the world, so please be patient! I have many questions about this wonderful species. I look forward to speaking with you and learning more about my dapper Humphrey :heart:

:heart: :heart: He's gorgeous and so tiny :heart: :heart: I've have several mice, numerous hamsters, but none can compare to ratties - these guys are wonderful.... enjoy the experience - Welcome to the shack :thumbup:

Welcome to the Rat Shack.
As a new rat mom, I'm sure you want the very best for your little wee man. The best thing for him now is a brother. He will need another young male rat to keep him healthy and feeling secure and happy. Rats are social animals and must be kept in pairs or more in same sex colonies or in mixed colonies if the rats are spayed and neutered.
He's such a sweet little guy!

Welcome to the shack and I must agree with Jo always better for the rat that has a companion as they say " rats love to rat around with other rats" lol I'm glad you found the shack people here are amazing with rattie worries or questions no matter how silly you think they seem

Back