How long?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireworks

Okay, so I have my two baby rats in a smaller PetSmart cage, and I'm going to put them in my Ferret Nation 142 cage when they get big enough. I can't put hardware cloth on it, because my dad doesn't want to 'ruin' it. (He's weird sometimes lol.) So how old do my male rats have to get until they can go into the FN without escaping? I'm just curious. They are almost 5 weeks now.

I've noticed that the 350 gram ratties can't escape the FN. However....did you know that you can zip tie the hardware cloth to the sides? When they are large enough, the zip ties can be cut off, and no harm done to the Ferret Nation!

It all depends, I'd say anywhere from 3 to 5 months, then they shouldn't be able to fit through the bars. But you can keep testing by putting one close to the bar and see if he will squeeze through.

Hey Rodentist has a point... my dad didn't want to modify it because it would look weird but if I told him that in a couple months we could take it off... *ponders*

Let's see if he agrees.. thanks jo and rodentist!

Back