How long after a neuter can my rats be together?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatTheHippie

So, now that Rhydian's passed, my old lady Dorian's been alone. I'm luckily in an alternative college, where she's allowed to come with me to my classes, and get lots of loving attention and treats from my classmates and teachers, and at home, she's always out with me, where she gets tons of time to spend with me and my roomates, but I feel horrible that she's all alone.

Now, the same day Rhydian passed away under anesthesia, my moody boy Roman got a successful neuter. That was last monday. Roman's been healing well, and his temper has had a noticable, much more docile change, but I was wondering.. there's a two week wait period before I can let Roman and Dorian meet eachother, right? I don't want to risk an accidental pregnancy, especially with my two and a half year old rodent, with inoperable mammary tumors. But, I think Roman may be a good option for her, so she won't spend her last few months here alone.

I just had one of my boys neutered and the vet said a month!!
and this is for the hormones to subside so that I can get him living with my other two boys,
I don't have any girls

I hope its not that long but it might be.......
:/

I have always waited 4 weeks.

Different people different things, some say 2 weeks and others 6 weeks.

I would probably stick to a month just incase.

This is what my vet said to me and I've been neutering rats since 2004... a week you are safe, wait 2 weeks if you are worried, 3 weeks if you are paranoid. I've done 1.5 to 2 weeks.

I always started the intros at 2 weeks, and moved them in at 3 weeks if they were all good! I never had any problems. The boys still try to mate, and they've been neutered for like, a year. Haha.

Back