How did you get your name?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercurydust

I was just curious how some people came up with their screen names. Here on the forum their are so many original names, some that make me think and some that make me giggle. I think it would be neat if everyone explained the reasoning of their screen names.

I will start. Mercurydust....I am an ultra mega astronomy nerd. I love it! If you ever have a question about anything celestial or astro physics related, I am your woman. Mercury is one of my favorite planets, and their are some theories that it used to be a bit farther from the sun and quite similar to earth. It also represents one of my favorite greek gods, Hermes. The dust part of my name...I just sort of blabbered out random words until I found one that melded with the word mercury and sounded nice...so I became Mercurydust. I've used that as my screen name in many places for almost nine years. Wow...never realized it had been that long!

My middle name is Miyuki (me-you-key). When I was in competitive gymnastics, my coaches had me go by Miyuki since it was more "memorable."

The little sister of one of my friends couldn't pronounce it correctly, and it came out Minuke (Mi-new-key). What can I say...the nickname stuck.

I went to zoo camp every summer for like 7 years and kids used to make fun of me and called me Zooy (like crazy but with zoo)... it stuck!
Little did they know zoo camp was the best time of my life!

i'm not entirely sure anymore, its been so many years that i've used it. and i use it with nearly everything. in high school i would get these twitchy spells where i wouldn't be able to stay still, even sitting my hand would at least be twitching. i guess that's where it came from. if twitch is used i go by twitch-6 (because it worked) or sakemomo. i came up with that when both twitches were used in a place i was signing up for. i looked around the house and saw a bottle of sake and then the poster of inuyasha and sesshoumaru. sesshoumaru's big fluffy boa thingy is rumored to be named momo, so i added the two together. incidentally, if anyone plays wow, my main char there is named sakemomo, an undead warlock, add me to your friend list and we can compaign together! :p

mercurydust said:
I will start. Mercurydust....I am an ultra mega astronomy nerd. I love it! If you ever have a question about anything celestial or astro physics related, I am your woman. Mercury is one of my favorite planets, and their are some theories that it used to be a bit farther from the sun and quite similar to earth. It also represents one of my favorite greek gods, Hermes. The dust part of my name...I just sort of blabbered out random words until I found one that melded with the word mercury and sounded nice...so I became Mercurydust. I've used that as my screen name in many places for almost nine years. Wow...never realized it had been that long!

I LOVE Astronomy too! What are your thoughts on the big bang? Supposedly , it was all due to the element Hydrogen , I am inclined to believe it , you?
ryelle said:
Ryelle is a character from a book (not a main character) and is one of my first and main characters on World of Warcraft (geek ^^)
I love W.O.W :cheeky: We should play together sometime!

My name is my artistic alter ego. When I am in my artsy moods , doing photography painting writing or drawing , another person takes over , her name is Ewa! :cheeky: And that's my name!

Ewa said:
ryelle said:
Ryelle is a character from a book (not a main character) and is one of my first and main characters on World of Warcraft (geek ^^)
I love W.O.W :cheeky: We should play together sometime!

Im on European Servers and i don't know how to play on the US ones :( my friend used to though when he stayed up all night when his wife was sick

I'm a grandma to 5 beautiful grandchildren.

The JAAKK part is the first initials of my grandkids.

Jacob
Ashlyn
Alex
Kolton
Khalia

and BOY I hope if my kids surprise me with more grandbabies, their first initials fit in with these! Right now it sounds like I'm a grandma to Jack, but no Jack's in the family.

My old college email account took your first initial and paired it with 5 letters of your last named and the quarter number in which you registered.... p shuga 03 :)

The letters KMG are my initials. The rest of my username, the 365 part, came from the 70's television show "Emergency". Check out the following video at the 15 second mark. (KMG365 is an actual fire service call sign for the County of Los Angeles.)

[youtube:2ulkz874]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/MVnfO-r77ZA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/MVnfO-r77ZA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/youtube:2ulkz874]

Mine is pretty easy my first name is Lindsay and my middle name is Fawn lol I love my middle name. My dad is a big time hunter and when he first saw me he said I had these huge brown eyes that were pretty much black like a fawns eyes. So I got the middle name Fawn :)

gramma2jaakk said:
I'm a grandma to 5 beautiful grandchildren.

The JAAKK part is the first initials of my grandkids.

Jacob
Ashlyn
Alex
Kolton
Khalia

and BOY I hope if my kids surprise me with more grandbabies, their first initials fit in with these! Right now it sounds like I'm a grandma to Jack, but no Jack's in the family.
If they do suprise yah', hope they name him or her Jack/Jaquiline!
:wink2:

I found it ironic to have the word Avatar written above my avatar image. xxchelle later mentioned it would be funnier if my avatar image said username in it (and so on and so forth).

OMG Avatar, I totally get it now... that's why your location is signature and your signature is location! I am SUCH a LOSER.

Moon said:
OMG Avatar, I totally get it now... that's why your location is signature and your signature is location! I am SUCH a LOSER.
I must be one too, but now I can see the connection. :giggle:

Mine is easy. My full name is Paulina and three of my neices call me Lina which I rather like so I use it on the net, if Lina is already in use I use my initials which are PEG or I use peggy or on one site I didn't check first when I typed in a username and I am called peegy there :roll: :giggle:

Back