How Did You Find the Rat Shack? (Poll)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you Find The Rat Shack?

• Jorats Youtube videos

• The Cozy Corner

• The Rat Room

• Rat Shack Facebook

• Facebook

• Recommended by a friend

• Directed by Lilspaz68

• From another forum

• Google search

• Other (please comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.

lilspaz68

How did you find us at the Rat Shack? We are curious to know your stories. :mrgreen:
You can pick as many options as you want in the Poll and comment below.

I was invited by jorats to be a moderator soon after the Rat Shack was created. :thumbup: We knew each other from another forum, and from meeting during a rescue transport....the beginning of a wonderful friendship. :cuddle:

I am a transplant from Floridarat.com .

Lilspaz68 posts there and when she mentioned the Rat Shack, I came to check it out.

I like the members here so much, and I also am very impressed with the 'rescue-centric' focus of the Rat Shack Forum. (Floridarat.com seems to be a site for rat breeders and their customers.)

Thanks for this site!! :heart:

I was on another forum, which changed when its owner had health problems and someone abrasive took over the management. As soon as I knew that jorats was starting this forum I signed up right away!

I was on another forum, it was hateful. I entered a raffle and won items from Cozy corner. I found the forum that day. I ended up visiting here when I seen Maries name and she was the only nice one from the other forum LOL so I stayed. Been here every since. Rarely go anywhere else.

I was doing intros or starting them and couldnt get help on the other forum. So i posted here

viewtopic.php?t=21629

Makes me wanna drink just thinking about those first intros of mine. I am sure Jorats as well. But she stuck by me every second, even when i stopped them LOL

I was looking to adopt a rattie friend and contacted SQ who had an add on Kijiji. She sent me to the Rat Shack.....and I have been here ever since.

*Scratches head* Boyo, my memory is horrible! I'm 99% sure that I found you guys through Randomrat - I met her on the Hamster Hideout Forum, and she pointed me here once I "converted" to ratties.

I do remember checking out GooseMoose around the same time, but I found them to be a bit overwhelming.

when I first got rats, I came online and looked for rat message board and forums. I found a very active one and landed there for several months, but I discovered that many members of that forum also belonged to this one.
I originally thought this was a group exclusively for Canadians, so I didn't join. I don't know when I realized that wasn't true, but in any case, according to my profile, I finally found my brains and registered here back in Nov 2009.
This is a very special group of people, and I am so glad that I discovered you all.
:heart:

I was invited by Jorats to join when the Rat Shack was created.
We knew each other from another forum ... the same one that Godmother mentioned.

I belonged to a group on Flickr.
Although I enjoyed it I needed more proper information.
There were a few other's I looked at but everyone had different info I found either wrong or I wasn't sure of.
Google sent me to TRS and since you were the listed first I snuck in the door and lurked around a bit before making myself known. :cheeky:
I have had so much help since joining in 2008.
I met rat lovers and friends who love ratties as much as I do. :heart:
My goal in the near future is to visit Jorats at her house so I can meet Gypsy....I meant her!! :giggle:
Jasper and her ratties/cats.
Such lovely caring people here and I hope the Shack is around for many years to come.
Shelagh has rescued/ helped me so much and I have had the pleasure of meeting her and other wonderful friends who helped me in my times of need.
Thank you for creating a group that makes me feel so welcome!!!

Ended up on youtube one day out of boredome and follow vid link after link until I stumbled onto some of Jorats'. I was so impressed with the forum right off the bat. I'm so glad to have stumbled across one of the best commun.ities that I've ever had a priviledge to be a part of.

I believe I found it via Jorat's videos on youtube, I think I may have heard it from Goosemoose too though.. I'm not completely sure but this is ho w I think it happened :D

I was on Goosemoose first (still am & I still enjoy it) to learn about rats & such, & one day I was browsing youtube & find Jorat's videos & watched & watched & watched some more LOL. Anyway I think I saw Jorats mention this forum on a comment or something like that.. Anyway I checked it out & decided I'd join. I did & I now love it here & am so glad I'm a part of it (Though I still love Goosemoose as well) :D

I was looking to adopt some ratties, and SQ got me all set up with some lovely girls, lots of info and stuff for my kids, and of course the address for the Shack!

hopefloats said:
I was doing intros or starting them and couldnt get help on the other forum. So i posted here

viewtopic.php?t=21629

Makes me wanna drink just thinking about those first intros of mine. I am sure Jorats as well. But she stuck by me every second, even when i stopped them LOL
27 pages on that link. LOL

Back