Horrible Chronic Lung Infection. What should I do?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattastic

Hello Everyone!
The rescued pregnant female I took in a year ago who safely delivered her single baby is now terribly sick :(

I've taken her to the Vet numerous times but nothing we prescribe her has been working.

When she tried to sleep with her head tucked under herself, her breathing sounds the absolute worse. Sometimes she'll be extremely wheezy and it almost sounds as if she's 'talking' to you.

I've had her on a courses of different antibiotics & medicines, along with children's all purpose gravel but nothing seems to be working. I just want to find something that'll ease the raspiness in her breathing and allow her to at least be 'normal'.

She just turned about two years old and she seems to be doing well otherwise. She loves meeting all my new rescues and is one of my most favourite rats I've ever owned.

She seems to become immune to any antibiotics we've given her and I almost need to be switching between a couple different ones inorder to see any sort of improvement. This is very expensive and I was wondering if anyone possibly had any leftover antibiotics/meds that I could buy from your cheaper? I'm in the Barrie area.

yes, list the med combos, dose& weight if known, and length of time, and if it helped at all would be useful
a video would also be helpful

Baytril + azithromycin (10 mg/Ib to 15 mg/Ib) orally, twice a day for at least 6 weeks if it is helping, is a good combo
Azithromycin is by vet prescription from a pharmacy.

Back