Hope we;ll soon have a new Rat Shack member

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

I was buying YN at Global Pet Supplies tonight, and I overheard someone asking "Would a rat like that?". So, of course, I couldn't stay silent. I pointed out things that rats would like, e.g. Silent Spinner, chew toys, etc and I gave her the Forum web site and the name of my vet.

She had had two rats in the past. When she took one of them to another vet he said to her, "Do you realize how many of these things you could buy for the price of this visit?". She won't be going back to that guy.

:dance:

I can never resist staying silent when I overhear people talking about rats either :mrgreen:

..and what a horrible vet!

Glad you met her and were able to help her out.

What a horrible vet!
Hope you can give me his name in case he is ever on call ...... I won't bother going in.
(The vet clinics in our city take turns being on call for emergencies during nights and weekends.)

Sounds like he's related to the doctor I seen the other night! Id put in a complaint with BBB about him.

Hope to meet your new friend! I actually spoke to a lady at the vet that had a 2.5 yr old PEW female in for URI, but I could tell she wasnt interested in forums :( My vet says there has been a huge increase in pet rats in our city in the last 3 months, he even owns a few himself :)

ooo i too can't stay quiet when im in a pet shop, even if there is a pet shop worker there, because they generally give bad advice (like telling this lady she couldn't get another rabbit if her rabbit would bite it even though she mentioned neutering it).

what kind of vet talks like that?! jeez! id put in an official complaint to the practise manager if anyone said that to me

What a disgusting thing to say to someone about their pet! :redhot: I think I would have had a few words with any vet if they ever said that to me!

ryelle said:
ooo i too can't stay quiet when im in a pet shop, even if there is a pet shop worker there, because they generally give bad advice (like telling this lady she couldn't get another rabbit if her rabbit would bite it even though she mentioned neutering it).

what kind of vet talks like that?! jeez! id put in an official complaint to the practise manager if anyone said that to me

Agreed, One girl told me not to get another rat to introduce to my boys because they would just kill eachother.. :roll: got one anyways and the intro went just wonderful. A few bad intros does not mean not to do it at all! I started talking to her about a lot of stuff and she seemed surprised about the things I knew about rats that she didnt.. she stopped helping me when I came in.. I dont know if she thought I was being a "know it all" or something but I wasnt rude to her..

Back