Hope for Wildlife rehab centre in NS

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

Some of you may have heard about this wonderful rehab centre through the TV show Hope for Wildlife. The centre also has a Facebook page.

This centre is amazing. I love watching the TV show, seeing them rescue and rehab every kind of animal: beavers, deer, raccoons, owls, Bobcats, mink, porcupines, turtles and even gulls. As you can imagine, this is really hard work! A volunteer vet comes in every week from Halifax.

What makes it really special (and relevant to rat owners) is that it has become an incubator for new vets, by means of its need for many volunteers. These young people will be the kind of vets who love any kind of animal and who are unfazed by the challenge of treating diverse species. On the show I watched tonight, two of their volunteers had just been accepted to the PEI vet college.

Last edited:
One day when I went out to my car, I found a very sick owl. We called Natural Resources and they gave us the number for Hope for Wildlife. My ex drove in to meet them and they took the owl to try and save him. Unfortunately the owl was too far gone, and died that night.
I was so happy to learn that there was a place like this out there that I have been a supporter ever since. Sometimes you can't save them, but at least they have a chance.
http://www.hopeforwildlife.net/main.html

Back