Honey acting odd

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatPack

Wasn't sure were to put this but since it is more of the behavior I am concerned about I will put it here :) So sweet Honey is over 2yrs old and has always liked to fill her igloo with bedding and fleece and sleep in it but tonight or I guess morning though this has been going on for about 3ish hours now I noticed her taking a large amount of bedding in her igloo and so I started offering her paper towels and fleece thinking maybe she was cold but I soon realized that she wants nothing to do with any of it but the paper towels because she is trying to barricade herself inside the igloo which would work fine if rose would stop stealing her paper towels haha. She has never tried to shut herself in it before and she wants endless supply of paper towels..I can't keep up and it is hard to tell that little face no...My concern is that she is trying to make her own grave? though she has been super alert today as she has been battling a respiratory infection for months now and is on day 12 of her 3rd or 4th dose of antibiotics in 5 months....her chest is kinda clicky tonight so back to the vet on tuesday for her but I just am freaked out by her obsession with shutting herself in the igloo...I got a picture of the igloo with the bedding and paper towels blocking that was until rose busted in..could she be annoyed by the younger girls and trying to get away?

WIN_20150518_030646.jpg

Hi!

How has Honey been doing? Has she been seen by your veterinarian since you last posted? Are her respiratory disease symptoms improving? I sure hope so!

It's hard to know if Honey was doing something "significant" by making such a big nest. I would definitely trust your instincts.

I also want to mention that paper towels are extremely dusty when chewed or ripped and can contribute to respiratory problems since the dust gets in their lungs.

Keep us posted. My thoughts are with you and Honey!!!

Hi!

How has Honey been doing? Has she been seen by your veterinarian since you last posted? Are her respiratory disease symptoms improving? I sure hope so!

It's hard to know if Honey was doing something "significant" by making such a big nest. I would definitely trust your instincts.

I also want to mention that paper towels are extremely dusty when chewed or ripped and can contribute to respiratory problems since the dust gets in their lungs.

Keep us posted. My thoughts are with you and Honey!!!

Honey passed.

Back