Homemade toys?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, in the small pet section of Walmart sometimes you can buy pkg of wooden pieces with a hole in each piece of wood.
You can buy a pkg and using a cord/yarn/whatever, make hanging chew toys.
Use knotts to space out the wood pieces.

SQ said:
Also, in the small pet section of Walmart sometimes you can buy pkg of wooden pieces with a hole in each piece of wood.
You can buy a pkg and using a cord/yarn/whatever, make hanging chew toys.
Use knotts to space out the wood pieces.

You can also add different nuts or treats to those home-made wooden things, just poke a hole in them, or tie a knot around them in between wooden pieces. On a lot of different bird websites, they sell toy parts, because a lot of parrot owners like making their own toys to entertain their fids, so you'll see a whole variety of different wooden pieces in lots of different colours and styles (ABC blocks, round blocks, ect.) That you can use to make your toys. They're mighty cheap too!

I'd be afraid of it hurting their feet, but try Lava Ledges, made for chinchillas. I have a whole wall of them for climbing on in my cage. And if your heart is still set on a perch, go for a rope perch!

Back