Hilda: maybe a had a stroke? Pred still working! photo Oct12

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so lucky. Hilda continues to do well. Yesterday she accepted and ate a piece of pasta, last night she grabbed food from a dish with her paws (a bit clumsily, but still very effectively), and she held a bit of boiled egg in her paws while she ate it. She walks around very well, goes to all levels of the cage, and is eating OK. She sleeps snuggled up with the others.

So she will almost certainly be able to enjoy some Thanksgiving turkey this weekend. :joy:

Hilda is still hanging in there! She is very mobile, has a good appetite, and can eat on her own. She doesn't seem able to eat hard food like Cheerios anymore, but she seems to be having a good life. She had no problem with her breakfast porridge or her Thanksgiving turkey and sweet potato and broccoli. Here is a photo of her (from which my new avatar is taken). She's on one of Pink's beautiful cubes. It really is true that the slits on the side make it unnecessary for them to chew extra holes:

HIldaonPinksaeratedcubeThanksgiving.jpg

I took Hilda to the vet's today along with the others who had the appt. He wonders if she might have had a stroke, since he saw no typical PT signs.

It would explain her rapid recovery. She still can't eat the way she used to, but she sure gets around well!

Back