Hii.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neongrey

After thinking for about a year about getting some kind of a small caged pet, I decided a pair of rats are the thing for me. Haven't gotten any yet and am furiously reading up before I head down to the humane society to pick out a pair.

So, hi. :)

Welcome!!!

Great to hear you are doing your research before getting your rats :)
Ask any questions you need to, we are all willing to help someone new to rats :joy:

:welcome:

Was research that led me to rats, actually, too. If not, I'd be just throwing some guinea pigs into space that just isn't wide enough for them, where rats can make much better use of the tons of vertical space I actually have.

With all this reading I'm doing, I should be plenty set by the time payday rolls around and I can do the initial outlay for these happy little guys, and make sure they have a nice home, too.

Just too many animals out there left unwanted for me to consider getting a pet of any sort anywhere else, really. A bunch of the rats listed on the humane society's website say they came in a set of 26 unwanted rats, which makes me just go :sad3:

Also, I'm really happy to see from looking through the vet listings that there's one within walking distance of me. A long walk, and not one I'd want to do in the winter, but I'm really glad of that.

Back