Hi, I'm Maddi

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freak_nutcase

Hey, Proud mother to 3 little ladies (all rescues)

Lost my main girl last week and have been looking for a male to snuggle with them (and me)

Just lurking on this site for some advice and more people who like rats that I can talk to :)

Maddi

Hi Maddi, welcome to the shack.
Are your girls spayed? Or looking for a neutered male?
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

I'll get a boy and get him neutered, found a litter of rats needing homes in about 5 weeks so i'll hopefully get one of those...but now just seen an advert for an 8 month old aggressive rat desperately needing a home so might be tempted to get 2 more...hoping that the aggressive male could be calmed by a loving touch and neutering *fingers crossed*

Thanks for such a warm welcome!

Everyone here seems really knowledgable...almost ended up getting a rat from a breeder who a) used to sell to pet stores and b) had never met a rat owner who had success with neutered males with females as cagemates...I soon realised that she was a bad person to get a rat from...

I'm picking up my new "aggressive" boy on friday...hoping he's not as bad as the current owner makes out but we shall see, hopefully taking his testicles away will be just the ticket ;)...

Back