Hi from first time ratty daddy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
temblabamomo said:
Howdy and welcome! Great intro, it sounds like you're a great parent to all your critters, both fuzzy and scaled. Looking forward to your future posts.
You have a rat named Morrissey? :nod:

Scott said:
temblabamomo said:
Howdy and welcome! Great intro, it sounds like you're a great parent to all your critters, both fuzzy and scaled. Looking forward to your future posts.
You have a rat named Morrissey? :nod:

But of course. :wink: His brother is called 'Maz', most people just think I'm a fanatical Smiths can who is misspelling 'Moz', but Maz is actually short for Maserati. Just to throw that out there. Morrissey is one of the best named rats I've ever had.

I was a huge Smiths fan growing up. And my dad had a 1963 Maserati Superleggera for a while. We lived in a trailer, but he had a classic Maserati. :wallbang:

Haven't checked in for a while, have been moving and just started a new job. Mervyn's bumblefoot is looking much much better after his antibiotics, a change to frequently-changed fleece blankets for bedding, and continued application of ointment (which he predictably HATES). The "bumbles" are still pink and swollen but are no longer angry red or obviously abraded/open. I think if we keep it up, they'll be gone shortly. Hopefully.

Edited for spelling

Glad to hear Mervyn's foot is looking better :joy: Bumbles are can be such a pain in the arse. My fatty ratty Obie has had one for months now, despite twice daily apps of BluKote, and frequent fleece changes. If only he'd just lose some weight (note to self: stop caving in to that adorable pleading face when he begs for treats...) I hope Mervyn's foot continues to improve :D

Hi and Welcome! Your babies are adorable! :nod: I love the pic of Eddison getting tickled! :giggle:
Wow! I thought I had a lot of critters sharing my space, hence the need for cleaning, but gotta say you have more! :lol:

Moon said:
Oh my god, for those people who don't want to see snake pics, I just HAD post some directly.. sorry Scott, but these are too cute not to share!

EddisonYoung2.jpg

I know this is quite soon, but I have to NOMINATE this pic for RPOM!!! :thumbup:

Hi! Welcome to the Shack! I have been owned by several ferrets in the past, and I think they're just adorable! Your ratties are lovely too. My rats love hammocks and there are tons of different styles. They might like something they have to climb up into. When a couple of my rats started losing their mobility in their hind legs, I bought some tube socks and pulled them over the ramps in the Critter Nation. That way it's easier on their feet, it's cheap, and it's easy to change the 'ramp liners'. I hope your boy continues to recover. How is their diet going?

Back