Hi everyone!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phyllis

my name is Phyllis, have owned ratties for about 28 years, I now have 24 ratties, who are very loved & spoiled, Have a great hubby, 3 grown sons, a 17 year old granddaughter we adopted at birth, 5 gerbils 3 birds & 1 huge Manx Kitty. I paint rattie t-shirts as a hoobie & love camping in our camper in the Rockie Mt, live in the land of Oz, SW Kansas totally flat No trees, but we raise the most wheat of all states & our beef is the best, well I have to give my state some type of notoriety, but spend as much time as I can in the beauty of the Mts! I have belonged to lilratscal for years, & realize there have been some conflict, but I am here only for inocent purposes, I love Carole, have been her friend for years, but I also love lots of people here, I have thought long & hard & have came to this, why can't I enjoy all my rattie friends, life is so short I want to get to enjoy all of it I can <:3)~~
pumpkinphyllissayshi.jpg

NoseyGirls.jpg

KiKiKi.jpg

Annsshirt.jpg

chocomilk2.jpg

Mt2.jpg

Welcome.
:hi!:
I have a Rodentist (Clover) as well as a Booger Burglar (My Ivy).

Welcome and I love the rat statues in the first pic. Great job on the sweatshirts. Boy we have a lot of very talented people on this forum.

I recognize the grey shirt with Faith, Malaika, Mrs. Black , Snickers and Dusty. Those are the shirts that Phyllis made for my husband and I. Unfortunately none of ratties are with us but they are playing with alot of your friends who are now at Rainbow Bridge.

:bliss: :welcome: PHYLLIS

:welcome: Phyllis, so nice to see you here. I have a t-shirt of Sven made by Phyllis. You are one talented lady. I love your avatar.

Welcome, Phyllis! :welcome2: Good to see you here, love your avatar.

[For those of you who don't know Phyllis, you're in for a treat with her photos of costumed ratties... I especially loved the one of the ratties having a picnic, complete with bicycles!]

Welcome to the Rat Shack Phyllis.
It's so great to see you here. I love your pics of all your pets.

And can I just say, you look wonderful!!! :D

Welcome Phyllis!!

As Jo said, you look absolutely wonderful!!! :)

One day you will have to tell the story of the Dumpster rats since when I joined ONRMCA you had already had them. I always wondered on the stories and references what the Complete Story was. :)

I'm glad you have decided to come share with us. :grouphug:

Welcome Phyllis, great to see you.
Nice pictures!
As Jo and Shelagh said, you're looking good ... hope you are feeling better.
I have a beautiful shirt by Phyllis with Caleb, Hannah, and Nettie on it.

:D Thank You Godmother, my girls on a picnic is a special one, it was my Kennocha & Souqie, both at the bridge, but you know I still miss them everyday!
Letseat.jpg

:wow3: You girls sure know how to make an old Gal feel good, I am still cancer free & doing great, sore now from my incision hernia surgery last week, but so very thankful, Ok I will now share the story of my dumpster babies, 2 years ago in Dec. I had just had my surgery & was ready to start my chemo, when a dear friend of mine, who is a rescue person also, she deals more with dogs & kitties, but has brought me everything from a turtle, hit buy a car, he was a baby I put blow fly meds in his sore & super glued his shell together he lived & did fine, to baby squirrels, cotton tails, well back to the main story. I get carried away talking of my animals, she was racking leaves went to put them in the Dumpster & found 5 ratties, it was so cold I don't know how they survived, she took them to the vet, then came knocking at my door, with a basket full of rattie, they were beauties,t how could anyone have left them like that? 2 black PG berks, 2 boy Siamese one grown & one half grown & a little black boy half, grown, wanted them so but due to med bills I needed help on the cages, she opened me a account at our pet store & told me to get any & everything I need, I did, my who loved here then took the smallest PG girl12 beautiful babies he kept them all, then I told Tim my Momma was going to have her babies on my birthday, I new it was an ohm, I was going to be ok, God sent me yet more of his tiny ones to help. Tim was a bit sc
skeptical, but at 3:00 in the morning of my birthday I awake to the precious sound of new babies, she gave my 15 amazing babies. the runt was so small, I supplemented her with ensure, she is thriving today! I have lost the Daddy & mommy the 2 older boys, & now am starting to loose my others it is very hard, My son lost half of both his feet to diabetes , so I took his mommy & kids back so I had a "PP RATTIE RANCH", I will share some pictures enjoy!
my sweet Mommy trying to get comfy with 15 babies on board
Mamma.jpg

I think it was almost as bad for her when they were on the outside
Yummie.jpg

My Runter getting her ensure
Goodmorning.jpg

the kids my son gave me, aren't gray girls beauties
10girls-1.jpg

my baby girls having ensure for breakfast
milkbreak.jpg

my pride & Joy, Niki a Pearl Merle!
NikiNapping.jpg

Such a beautiful story, Phyllis. I was glad to hear it again. Can't wait for pics of your "dressed up" beauties.

Can you post a bigger pic of your avatar? Pweeeze.

What a wonderful story, you are such a great rescue mom.
I love the pic of all the girls together, the colours of them mixed like that is just beautiful, makes me want to grab them all in my arms and snuggle my face in them. :)

Back