hi everybody

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rat.charmer

Hi everybody!
What an awesome website and forum. Great community!

My two rats are Cosmo (hooded - she actually delivered my engagement ring to me when the fiance proposed) and Ruby (albino wistar). My fiance has two rats from a rescue (we suspect some rex lineage, maybe even some hairless somewhere cause they sure are funny looking) - Portia and Dolby.

We've had several rats that have crossed the bridge - Riley, Savvy, Tilt, Kahlua and Ixy.

Nice to meet everyone.

It was Dec 29 2007 so just recently actually. One of my rats (Savvy) was getting on and it was clear she was going to pass away very soon. We were in his basement when he tells me to close my eyes cause he had a gift for me. I heard scratching and scrambling around in a box so I guessed it was a rat - sure enough I was right! Still with my eyes closed, he tells me to call the rat over, pick up her up and then look... I think my jaw hit the floor. He had tied a diamond ring to a twist tie and tied that around the rat's belly. Then he did the whole 'get on one knee' thing... it was all very sweet!

And no rats were harmed in this proposal. I think the rat (Cosmo) was a little miffed at not getting at yogurt treats for her excellent delivery but... I think she's over it now since she got to be part of the engagement photos. She was very good - she didn't try to gnaw on the ring or the twist tie, just ran straight into my hand.

Anyway, in honor of our very ratterific beginning, we commissioned an artist to make our wedding cake topper (pictured below). I'm also thinking instead of tossing a bouquet, I'll toss a toy rat. It'll be funny to see all those girls running after a stuffed rodent. Muhaha.

5lc6l3.jpg

The wedding is May 10 2008 so very soon!

What a great story, and I LOVE the cake topper! If I end up having a real wedding, I'll do something like that :D

AWESOME!!!!!!! Welcome to the Rat Shack!!!!

What a fabulous story!!! Why can't I meet guys as cool as your fiance? The last one I dumped, this week, wasn't even willing to MEET my rats. Love me... love my rats or get a life elsewhere! :scolding: :)

Invite me to your wedding! I'll have that stuffed rat snatched so fast the rest of your female guests will think they are in a time warp! :laugh4:

Back