HH update...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry's_mum

All the freezer babies are doing WELL!
They've all moved into existing colonies, and are enjoying their new familes, and BIG clean homes with endless amounts of food, water and treat, not to mention all the friggin LOVE we can give them!
They are all happy, well disposioned rats. Mostly the females, the males are getting better, but they are continuing process...

My Newman passed away, I found him snuggled up inside his igloo snuggled in blankets, and it breaks my heart as he and I went through SO much together since he came here over a year ago. He was an old man when I got him, he bit, he screamed, and hated all people and rats. He went for a neuter and that didn't even work. I kept telling him he'd remain alone and that it broke my heart. One day, literally out of the blue, I was cleaning his cage and he started cautiously walking towards me. I wanted to pull away but didn't all at the same time. He came over to my hand and started licking it...
I still think that was his way of saying he was readsy for some friends. Knowing his aggression towards rats, I waited until I got some female babies in to intro him. He took to Ivy, and her 2 siblings, and sweet lil Ruby, like white on rice! He then along with his girls moved into a dbl FN with the Freezer girls! A whole lot of girls, for an old man. <3

It was a sad morning indeed... Cole and I decided to go to the grocery store, and to get Mojo some worms. While waiting for our worms, a young lady came in, and was talking to the store clerk I had heard that it was about a rat, and that she'd found one... Listening closer she found a rat in her garage, and it had had babies... At first I gulped HUGELY! I thought OH NO WIIIIILDS! I listened for a while and she says she can't deal with rats and wanted to know if the petstore would take them, or knew someone who would? talk about being somewhere for a reason huh?
So I stepped forward and said I would take them, or would help her at the very least by educationg her the best I could....
The wee girl is here, and she's got babies. The count isn't official, as I was trying not to stress her out too much as I did notice the babies had no milk bands, so it was a rush job of taking her and babies from their box this nice woman had put them in. I *think* roughly 6 babies? all black hoods except one, who is unmarked ATM...

This wee girl hasn't got a name yet... any ideas?

kizmet since it was amazing you where there at that time! Great job on taking her and her babies in!

Moon said:
If you call her Rainbow, you automatically get name ideas for the babies!

You can with Kizmet to......faith, hope, and destiny LOL unsure about boy names with that though :)

hopefloats said:
Moon said:

You can with Kizmet to......faith, hope, and destiny LOL unsure about boy names with that though :)

Ah see, we discussed Destiny.. that falls terrifyingly close to stripper territory.

Moon said:
hopefloats said:
Moon said:

Ah see, we discussed Destiny.. that falls terrifyingly close to stripper territory.

:emb:

and rainbow doesnt? lol

hopefloats said:
Moon said:
hopefloats said:
Moon said:

:emb:

and rainbow doesnt? lol

LOL I didn't even think of that. I'm going to say no, it doesn't. LOL :pillowfight:

Poor lil babies. So lucky to be found, I hope they are all healthy.

The mom looks like a Faith to me.

how about Serendipity? you could call her Serene for short, Or um, 'dippity.... do da? :laugh4:

Main Entry: serendipity
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: accidental discovery
Synonyms: blessing, break*, dumb luck, fluke, good luck, happenstance, happy chance, luck, lucky break, stumbling upon, tripping over

she's a beauty, for sure

mamarat said:
DSCN6772.jpg

Nominate for RPOM!

I love babies nursing. :heart:
thanks mamarat, however I can't see the pic you chose...

Back